Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rainbow
    • Feb 2013

Junction Boxes

HI Does anyone know where the best place is to buy reasonably priced junction boxes for the back of the panels to wire in from the buss wire add diode and continue on to a grid tie inverter? I already have the diodes, I need about 80 boxes. also will I need to use PV connectors from the box? or can I just solder my wiring? My panels are approximatly 150 watts 18-20 volts open circuit. If there is a better way to do it let me know. Thanks Bill
  • peakbagger
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2010

Might want to check with Sun Electronics in Miami, they on occasion sell cast off frameless laminates from various manufacturers and try to convince folks that its easy to assemble a working panel out of the parts. Of course the resulting panel is never going to be UL but I guess some off grid folks think its a deal. Given the current price of complete panels I dont think it make sense but to each their own.

Comment

• Athrothe
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Rainbow
      HI Does anyone know where the best place is to buy reasonably priced junction boxes for the back of the panels to wire in from the buss wire add diode and continue on to a grid tie inverter? I aftermarket parts already have the diodes, I need about 80 boxes. also will I need to use PV connectors from the box? or can I just solder my wiring? My panels are approximatly 150 watts 18-20 volts open circuit. If there is a better way to do it let me know. Thanks Bill
      I think eBay site will work for you to get these junction boxes.

Comment

Working...