Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike90250
    replied
    If you have some sort of internet at your house, I'd look at the Voice over IP Option

Leave a comment:

• Interconnection help: MV-90 Communication Requirement

I am in the last steps of my interconnect with NYSEG/Avangrid up here in NYS. It's a 90kw array with Chilicon Microinverters. One of the requirements is a dedicated 24/7 telephone connection for REMOTE net metering.
    Aside from a Plain Old Telephone Line is rather antiquated I also wasn't looking to pay $30/month for a phone line into the distant future.

The following is from the interconnect agreement:

The requirements for Remote Net Metering, or Community Distributed Generation billing
    are that an hourly interval MV-90 meter be installed which has remote access via a dial-up
    telephone circuit known as a land line. The installation of the land line is the responsibility
    of the customer and the installation of the meter is the responsibility of the utility. Once
    this land line has been installed, please include the telephone number for this line and a 24-
    hour emergency telephone contact in the letter of completion/verification.

When I asked if other connection options were allowed they responded:
    1. POTS line preferred.
      1. Will not be energized without working comm
    2. Cellular Option
      1. Need to communicate to an Analog End Device at 2400 baud. Developer should talk to cellular provider for options.
      2. Must be data not voice
      3. Non-compressed
      4. Will need to be tested by Avangrid, if it does not work, it will need to be corrected or have a POTS line installed
      5. Will not be energized without working comm
    1. Voice over IP Option
      1. Program the line for a Codec G.711 non compressed signal. Developer should talk to provider for options.
      2. Will need to be tested by Avangrid, if it does not work, it will need to be corrected or have a POTS line installed
      3. Will not be energized without working comm
    Needless to say I'm having a very hard time finding anything about solutions or companies that create gateways to interface with the Utility meter.

Anyone have any ideas?

much appreciated,
    adam
Working...
X