Complete Solar Panel DIY YouTube Video Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Solar Panel DIY YouTube Video Series

I've created a video series for DIY Solar Panels, complete from Tabbing, to Solar Panel Assembly: First Part in the Series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exr6iQn3UV0

z

You Tube the Idiots Bible. You are the same person who ask what happens if you input 80 amps into a 80 amp MPPT controller.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
      You Tube the Idiots Bible. You are the same person who ask what happens if you input 80 amps into a 80 amp MPPT controller.
      Wow........What a great guy you must be in person............I'm glad I'm not as miserable as you must be........lol........z

Comment

Originally posted by Zardiw View Post

Wow........What a great guy you must be in person............I'm glad I'm not as miserable as you must be........lol........z
        You do understand that at one time a DIY panel was cheaper per watt then one from a factory.

Fortunately it now costs more per watt (or the panel has a shorter life) if it is home built then to purchase them factory made.

Comment

As the one who might have originated the analogy of utube brain pablum being the new idiot's bible, it seems kind of presumptuous to me to think someone who expresses an honest and informed opinion must be miserable because you may not agree with their expressed opinion(s).

Most of the utube crap I've seen looks more like selfie madness run amuck than helpful or informed information. Unvetted, and so, dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

As the one who might have originated the analogy of utube brain pablum being the new idiot's bible, it seems kind of presumptuous to me to think someone who expresses an honest and informed opinion must be miserable because you may not agree with their expressed opinion(s).

Most of the utube crap I've seen looks more like selfie madness run amuck than helpful or informed information. Unvetted, and so, dangerous.
            While I agree there is a lot of crap on YouTube, including one brilliant girl who's tabbing with a soldering GUN.......lol.......There are also very good videos on there, and I'm hoping my series will be one of them.

You can't just dismiss an entire website because when you have a lot of something, some if it will be top notch, even if most of it is crap.

z

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

You do understand that at one time a DIY panel was cheaper per watt then one from a factory.

Fortunately it now costs more per watt (or the panel has a shorter life) if it is home built then to purchase them factory made.
              That may be, however the panels I'm building (Glass on Glass) will outlast most commercial panels by FAR.......

z

Comment

That may be, however the panels I'm building (Glass on Glass) will outlast most commercial panels by FAR....... z
                Glass as a back sheet is too thermally resistive and you loose power on a hot day. so now I'm gonna have to see that video .

Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

That may be, however the panels I'm building (Glass on Glass) will outlast most commercial panels by FAR.......z
                  Do you have any idea of the transmittance of the glass you're using ?
                  Is it low iron ?
                  Does it have an ARC (antireflection coating) ?
                  Is it the same glass front and back surface ?
                  Do you know what any of these terms mean or how they may affect a solar panel's performance ?
                  Do you know how to estimate a panel's operating temp. or instantaneous efficiency as f(inputs).
                  How did you determine your panels will outlast most commercial panels ?
                  Any idea of cost ?

As you agree, there's a lot of crap on utube.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike90250 View Post
                    Glass as a back sheet is too thermally resistive and you loose power on a hot day. so now I'm gonna have to see that video .
                    Mike he is an expert on You Tube R Screwed

MSEE, PE

Comment

Wow, that sounds like an amazing resource! A complete DIY solar panel YouTube series is such a valuable contribution to the community. I'm sure it's going to help a lot of people embrace clean energy and reduce their carbon footprint.By the way, if you're looking to get the word out and reach an even wider audience, you might want to consider using a budget-friendly SMM panel. It can be a game-changer for sharing your videos and connecting with like-minded individuals who are passionate about sustainability.
                      Last edited by MikaelaCooley; 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikaelaCooley View Post
                        Cool vids! And also, which SMM panel platform offers the most affordable pricing options?
                        This is an old post and unfortunately Mike is no longer with us.

Comment

Working...
                        X