Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tesla
    • Jun 2012

BMS for new solar panels

I have 200 of these cells: FLEXIBLE SOLAR CELL 21.8% HIGH EFFICIENCY 3.34W, i plan on getting the most voltage out of them, can i place these in series or would it be better to do series parallel.

I am hooking these up to LiIon batteries (unless recommended other wise) , for the charge controller i need the lightest one, are there charge controllers like when charging batteries from an outlet or are the BMS units only ?

Thank you
  • jflorey2
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Tesla
    I have 200 of these cells: FLEXIBLE SOLAR CELL 21.8% HIGH EFFICIENCY 3.34W, i plan on getting the most voltage out of them, can i place these in series or would it be better to do series parallel.

Depends how you want to use them. (and where they will be mounted, and battery voltage, and panel size etc etc.)
    I am hooking these up to LiIon batteries (unless recommended other wise) , for the charge controller i need the lightest one, are there charge controllers like when charging batteries from an outlet or are the BMS units only ?Thank you
    You are confusing a lot of things here.

Charge controllers are not BMSes. Charge controllers regulate panel voltage so they can be used to charge batteries. BMSes protect batteries, and sometimes provide additional data like state of charge.

Neither will "charge from an outlet." What you want for that is called a "battery charger."

"Lightest" charge controller is a very odd spec. That being said, the Genasun boost controllers are very light.

Comment

Working...