X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inetdog
    replied
    Originally posted by GoldCobra
    Am I missing something? why not more volts
    What you are missing is the distinction between cells, which have one positive surface electrode and one negative surface electrode on the other face and panels which are made up of multiple cells.
    The tricky part is that in large panels it is easy to see the cell boundaries and the flat tabbing foil wires connecting them while in the case of small panels the wiring may be built into the single block of silicon and it may be difficult to identify the individual cells. They are there neverthelesss.
    All integrated "things" that produce more than .5V are actually panels, not individual cells.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Am I missing something? why not more volts

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    0.60Volts at 5.80 amps

Why are these mono cells producing less volts. Thats stupid.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Cells perform better than others
    Mono makes hardly any volts. But plenty of amps
    Whats more to tell?

Im not sure what you are trying to explain here... I have other cells that produce way more volts. but no amps. complete opposite ends here.

Leave a comment:

• inetdog
    replied
    LoL... Nice box.
    But ya... Im right about the volts. Just not mono cells will produce those volts.

If you goto your local store for A trickle charger solar cell. you will know what I mean. Because those cells produce lots of volts when its sunny out, just not when its dim out.
    Basically not true. The only reason that they produce lower voltage in dim light is that they have a high internal leakage resistance and when the actual output of the cell drops below a certain current the leakage resistance pulls the voltage down.
    The physics behind PV requires that the "ideal" open circuit voltage is essentially independent of the light level. It is only when you get into real rather than ideal devices and they have really poor low light performance that the supposed open circuit voltage will seem to drop.
    If you connect a constant value load resistor to a set of cells, then the voltage will certainly drop as the light level goes down, but only because the cells are acting as current sources.

Leave a comment:

• Zardiw
    replied
    Originally posted by bcroe

That looks like a more powerful box than mine. But with 8A and very little voltage, I wouldn't expect accurate
    results from those 2 clip leads. I had 2 short feed wires for each cell surface (cause there were 2 runs) that I
    actually soldered on for the test. It has load resistors in each corner, a cell crack in on quadrant will probably
    be detected. Bruce Roe
    Results are accurate enough. It's not amperage by itself that needs larger wires........it's Power/Watts. And there's only 4 watts Max going through those wires. And not really concerned about actual numeric accuracy.........just want to be able to compare different cells.

That meter is rated for 10 amps and reads about an amp higher than my professional VOA meter......which has a 20 amp setting. So that explains the difference in readings.

z

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    LoL... Nice box.
    But ya... Im right about the volts. Just not mono cells will produce those volts.

If you goto your local store for A trickle charger solar cell. you will know what I mean. Because those cells produce lots of volts when its sunny out, just not when its dim out.

Leave a comment:

• bcroe
    replied
    Originally posted by Zardiw

I doubt if one cell will produce that much voltage...... 0.65 or so is the max I've tested. I built a light box to test em. Got a 300Watt long style bulb in it. Actually puts out more light than the sun at close range: Has a push button so only need to do it a few seconds.....otherwise it gets hot and the readings get thrown off. Have to compare apples to apples.
    That looks like a more powerful box than mine. But with 8A and very little voltage, I wouldn't expect accurate
    results from those 2 clip leads. I had 2 short feed wires for each cell surface (cause there were 2 runs) that I
    actually soldered on for the test. It has load resistors in each corner, a cell crack in on quadrant will probably
    be detected. Bruce Roe
    Last edited by bcroe; 01-23-2016, 07:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Zardiw
    replied
    I wonder if that place will sell broken/not up to spec ones.........z

Leave a comment:

• Zardiw
    replied
    Lof Solar Copr.
    Color Solar Cell, color solar panel, color solar panels

Thats pretty much the only place I can find Solar cells like these.
    There not high efficent or anything. But they produce beautiful power
    They do charge like 4 bucks per cell tho... And MOQ order has to be 110. But I bumped them down for half that. Thankfully!

As far as the cell ratings of amps and volts. I recently bought a new multi meter reader cus my old one didnt read amps apparently. I bought this yesterday.
    I will have to get back to you on my readings...
    perhaps we can share info. I usually just test mine under 500W industrial lamp to see how much they peak out.
    later today imma run to dollar store and buy ton of garden lamps for 1.25 each, and these solar cells on them produce 2.40volts.
    plenty of volts for tiny bastards.
    I doubt if one cell will produce that much voltage...... 0.65 or so is the max I've tested. I built a light box to test em. Got a 300Watt long style bulb in it. Actually puts out more light than the sun at close range: Has a push button so only need to do it a few seconds.....otherwise it gets hot and the readings get thrown off. Have to compare apples to apples.

What a royal pain in the ass it is to add an image ...........Still haven't figured it out.......and I'm a computer tech guy.....lmaooooooooooooo

http://images.investorshub.advfn.com...kLightBox2.jpg

z
    Last edited by Zardiw; 01-23-2016, 02:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike90250
    replied
    ......... and these solar cells on them produce 2.40volts. plenty of volts for tiny bastards......
    Volts are only half the problem. Amps are the other half, if you can't supply enough amps, the voltage collapses.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Lof Solar Copr.
    Color Solar Cell, color solar panel, color solar panels

Thats pretty much the only place I can find Solar cells like these.
    There not high efficent or anything. But they produce beautiful power
    They do charge like 4 bucks per cell tho... And MOQ order has to be 110. But I bumped them down for half that. Thankfully!

As far as the cell ratings of amps and volts. I recently bought a new multi meter reader cus my old one didnt read amps apparently. I bought this yesterday.
    I will have to get back to you on my readings...
    perhaps we can share info. I usually just test mine under 500W industrial lamp to see how much they peak out.
    later today imma run to dollar store and buy ton of garden lamps for 1.25 each, and these solar cells on them produce 2.40volts.
    plenty of volts for tiny bastards.

Leave a comment:

• Zardiw
    replied
    Whats a Delta Percentage.
    Im not familiar with electrical terms much. Only Volts OHms and Amps and stuff.

Im working on getting some colored solar cells now..
    PS......Those colored ones look GREAT!!!!! Where do you get em?

Leave a comment:

• Zardiw
    replied

Just the difference in amps/volts of the cells you bought......how different are the readings from cell to cell

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

Working...