Is it possible to combine parallel and Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to combine parallel and Series

Just wondering if its at all possible to combine parallel and Series. So I have just the right amount of amp, and volt distribution

Im trying to make a great USB Solar Charger. And with connecting in series it just dont produce enough amp

Any thoughts or suggestions, or crasy Ideas would be helpful

Once you have an assembly that produces the required voltage, you can replicate that assembly as many times as you'd like to get to the required amperage. For example, if your assembly produces 0.5 A @ 6 V, put two of those assemblies in parallel and you will have 1.0 A @ 6 V.

As the assemblies become higher powered, there are protection schemes you might want to consider, but this is the concept, anyway.
    CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

The Solar USB Charger can handle 2 A @ 20 V.

How would I connect two Series together to make a parallel circuit and increase just the amps

Comment

Lets say both panels put out 1A @ 20V

How would I connect these in Parallel to get 2A @20 V

Comment

With electricity when the voltage is wired in series it adds up. When the amps are wired in parallel it adds up.

So if each of those "panels" provide 1A @ 20v then wiring them in parallel should yield about 2A @ 20v.

Comment

How would you wire them in parallel. I drew the picture of solar cells in series. How do I wire them up from there to make them parallel with each other.
            Can someone us MS paint and take my drawing and just draw how to make parallel

Comment

Would something like this be Parallel? or just series.

Comment

Well I am just guessing but I am presuming that picture represents 40 cells wired in series on the left and 40 cells wired in series on the right.

If you wire the top left hand cell for each "panel" together. And then wire the top right cell for each "panel" together. That should put those two sets of 40 cells in parallel.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCobra View Post
                  Would something like this be Parallel? or just series.
                  That would be 80 cells in series.

Comment

Can I connect two Series into parallel? and get double the amp

Comment

Okay So how about this?siolar.jpg

Comment

You connect the PLUS of one string to the PLUS of the other and the MINUS of one to the MINUS of the other. I do not think that is what you have drawn.
                        SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
                          You connect the PLUS of one string to the PLUS of the other and the MINUS of one to the MINUS of the other. I do not think that is what you have drawn.
                          Okay so Minus to Minus Plus to Plus will give me 2A @ 20V ?

Comment

Okay so Minus to Minus Plus to Plus will give me 2A @ 20V ?
                            That is correct if you are referring to the Minus and Plus for each set of 40 cells that you showed wired in series in the first picture in post #4.

Comment

Lets say both panels put out 1A @ 20V

How would I connect these in Parallel to get 2A @20 V
                              This would parallel the panels. Just like paralleling batteries.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X