Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Always A DIY Guy
    • Dec 2015

EVA film info needed and Solar-tite 384

I see there are many people here trying to get info on how to build their own solar panel. Yes, I understand it is always best "from an investment view" to buy made panels with a 20-30 year life span. Don't discourage the DIY'ers. Just remember that this country was built on DIY'ers. If you get a good enough deal on some stuff, why not do it yourself! I recently acquired 500+ sheets of Sunplus solar glass, couple rolls of EVA film, Madico backing, jig table, and all the other equipment needed to make close to pro panels. I do not have a couple thousand cells and framing. What I did get is all pro grade equipment from a venture that Micron went into and then dumped. I also have one already made Sliver panel calibrated at 150watt. Yes I am bragging cause I only paid 2000. I figure another 5 grand for cells and I have an excellent hobby. 100,000 watt solar farm?

I would like to know if anyone has info on the EVA film? It is out of date by 3 years, but still works well on the tests I did.
    My first panel I made with some cracked cells because I did not want to waste good one's on a experiment. I used the Solar Tite 384. It has yet to harden and I do not think it will. It too may have been old "Darn Ebay!". The Solar Tite is now the consistency of the rubber glue used on paper ads that you get in the mail, like a booger. One big smooth sheet of booger. Does anyone have any idea's of how to get this stuff to harden? That's all I have to ask, any info would be helpful. Please don't waste your time trying to tell me I am wasting mine. This is America, and we do as we please in the pursuit of happiness!
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

Use the heater setup that works for the EVA, warm up the ST384 to about 180F for a couple hours, see if that helps it set. Start with 3 hours, then try a couple runs at 5 hours.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Working...