Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dellyjoe
    • May 2013

My first solar panel project

Hello everyone i will be making a solar panel sysutme that will have 3 panels maybe 4 if i need the power.

Each panel will be 63 inches x 42 inches should fit 56 cells of 6v6 mono 3.5 watts- 4 watt cells.

above is a picture of what i have planed, so far.
    with each panel putting out at the max 224 watts = 672 as the max watts with max 28 volts, i hope to power a little shed and some house hold products.

Im in need of a glass and a frame, that is what im in the middle of looking up right now, any ideas plz list it below i will be looking into your idea.

Fellow are some pictures on where im at right now.

Thanks for reading,
    Joe
    Sorry if my writing is hard to follow.
  • russ
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jul 2009

Grid connected? The utility won't allow the connection of non UL listed equipment.

Off grid you would still have a potential home owners insurance problem - non UL listed equipment and your coverage can be voided.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Dellyjoe
      • May 2013

Originally posted by russ
      Grid connected? The utility won't allow the connection of non UL listed equipment.

Off grid you would still have a potential home owners insurance problem - non UL listed equipment and your coverage can be voided.
      my whole idea was to help power my dads shed and help my mom out on her electric bill as much as possible.

so you are saying if the utility finds out that im feeding energy into the house they will be writing a note to my family??? about violating a contract.

Comment

• SunEagle
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Dellyjoe
        my whole idea was to help power my dads shed and help my mom out on her electric bill as much as possible.

so you are saying if the utility finds out that im feeding energy into the house they will be writing a note to my family??? about violating a contract.
        You can power your Dad's shed as long as you don't connect your panels to the power system that is being supplied by the Electric Company. That is called an off grid system.

You won't be able to connect your panels or an inverter to your house power without the Electric Company knowing and approving that connection.

If you connect your panels you may be putting yourself in an unsafe condition which could hurt you or a family member. If the Electric Company finds out they may do more than just write a letter. They may disconnect your service until you remove your panels. It all depends on the Electric Companies rules.

Comment

• Dellyjoe
          • May 2013

Originally posted by SunEagle
          You can power your Dad's shed as long as you don't connect your panels to the power system that is being supplied by the Electric Company. That is called an off grid system.

You won't be able to connect your panels or an inverter to your house power without the Electric Company knowing and approving that connection.

If you connect your panels you may be putting yourself in an unsafe condition which could hurt you or a family member. If the Electric Company finds out they may do more than just write a letter. They may disconnect your service until you remove your panels. It all depends on the Electric Companies rules.
          wow i had no idea that it means this much. but now knowing i will begin by calling the company tomorrow and asking about the next step in what i can do. thank you so much for giving me an answer.

Comment

• ator3823
            • Sep 2013

What was the outcome Delly? just out of curiosity

Comment

Working...