Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeilTheCop
    • Feb 2010

Dry-Lam film

While looking for some EVA film I found this product that is readily available

Dry-Lam EVA encapsulation Film, 3mm thick, 280 degree melt and about $60 for 25" wide and 250' long
    It looks promising but I'm loathe to spend money on something that may not work, and you can't buy a smaller amount for experimenting.
    Anyone tried this stuff or have any comments?
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by NeilTheCop
    While looking for some EVA film I found this product that is readily available

Dry-Lam EVA encapsulation Film, 3mm thick, 280 degree melt and about $60 for 25" wide and 250' long
    It looks promising but I'm loathe to spend money on something that may not work, and you can't buy a smaller amount for experimenting.
    Anyone tried this stuff or have any comments?
    In the RC Plane Hobby there is a 3 mil (not mm) transparent lamination material used to cover a foam material plane. It is like an exoskeleton which makes the foam much more durable. One side has an adhesive and you use a hobby heating iron to smooth it on at about 250 F temperature. I do not know how much light would pass through it for PV application since it has the adhesive which might make it too "cloudy".

The same type of material is used in the office environment to laminate sheets of paper to prevent tearing and moisture destruction.

Comment

• ramiroduncan
      • May 2013

I was also having the same problem but was not finding solution but got the solution of it from the above.

Mod note - One BS statement and a link for bedding?
      Last edited by russ; 05-29-2013, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Working...