X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Kebast
    Thanks for the advice SunEagle. Luckily this panel only cost me about $18 total since I reused the frame and glass that would have just gone to the recycle bin. I left a couple of weep holes at the bottom of the panel. I think I'll sit this next to my dehumidifier for a day or so, then seal those up and see what happens. I rushed this panel a bit, and probably should have let the caulk dry another day or so before sealing it all together. I'll take more time my next try. This is just a hobby, and so far it's actually one of my less expensive hobbies .
    Try to assemble the panel in a warm dry place. If any moist air gets inside then it will condense into water if the air gets cold.

If you keep it to a hobby your costs will stay down. Wish you luck on the next panel.

Comment

• green
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2012

Make sure the caulk is dry before sealing it up. Also I use a hair dryer to dry out the panel at various stages of assembly.

Comment

• inetdog
        Super Moderator
        • May 2012

Originally posted by green
        Make sure the caulk is dry before sealing it up. Also I use a hair dryer to dry out the panel at various stages of assembly.
        But if you are in a high humidity area, each time you heat the panel and then let it cool with only a partial seal, you will be sucking humid air back in again. Heat is great for evaporating droplets of moisture, but it will not handle problems caused by humidity. That can only done by sealing under vacuum or including some desiccant inside the panel. Does anybody do the latter?
        SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...