Inverter size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inverter size

I wanna tie 3 220w panels together the voltage on the panels is 29volts so would I need a inverter that is near 660watts and for the voltage it would need to support 87 volts?

Originally posted by Mitchbellinger View Post
    I wanna tie 3 220w panels together the voltage on the panels is 29volts so would I need a inverter that is near 660watts and for the voltage it would need to support 87 volts?
    Most inverters will not work directly connected to solar panels. You will have to include a charge controller that can handle the 660watts and charge a battery system.

For a 12v battery system you will need a 60amp MPPT
    For a 24v battery system you will need a 30 amp MPPT

The Ah rating of your batteries should be determined by the expect daily watt hour usage. But a 12volt system should be around 550Ah and the 24volt system around 275Ah.

Comment

I'm sorry I should have stated this will be a on grid system I don't want no batteries

Comment

I'm sorry I should have stated this will be a on grid system I don't want no batteries
        Sorry I miss read your post.

The only solar panels that may work need to use micro inverters so they convert the DC from the panel directly to AC.

Most string inverters are sized for a bout 3000 watts.
        Last edited by SunEagle; 08-19-2018, 08:34 PM. Reason: added last sentence

Comment

You'll probably be looking at an Enphase inverter or equivalent. Which one you get will depend on whether the panels are 60 or 72 cell. You would do one inverter per panel.

Comment

Originally posted by jflorey2 View Post
            You'll probably be looking at an Enphase inverter or equivalent. Which one you get will depend on whether the panels are 60 or 72 cell. You would do one inverter per panel.
            Micro's have opened up more paths to getting a small wattage solar pv system connected to the grid.

Unfortunately people still have to go through their POCO to sign a co-generation power contract as well as meet their standards on equipment.

I hope the OP is not just looking to get that 660watts onto the grid without permission.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
              I hope the OP is not just looking to get that 660watts onto the grid without permission.
              He probably is, based on past experience here, but I figured I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Working...
              X