Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Enphase microinverter !!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Enphase microinverter !!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all I have a question about changing a Enphase M-215 microinverter . I bought the disconnect tool should I also buy the rubber gloves so I don't get a shock . what other advice do you have like resetting the system and so on.
    Thanks for your help, John

Just shut off the circuit breaker that the microinverters feed your panel with, and there should be no power in the line, so no risk of a shock.

Comment

It would also be advisable to do the work when the sun is not shining or at least not when the panel is pointed at it.

Comment

Thanks so much guys.

Comment

Originally posted by emartin00 View Post
          Just shut off the circuit breaker that the microinverters feed your panel with, and there should be no power in the line, so no risk of a shock.
          It will not be much current (the minimum standby power consumption of the electronics) on the DC side if the AC side of the micro is disconnected.
          But keep in mind that none of the common DC connectors used on solar PV panels are rated to interrupt load current when opening.

That is much more of a concern when working with a string of panels or optimizers and a string inverter, where you have a potentially high voltage driving the DC arc too.
          For a string inverter you should open the DC combiner breaker or switch before disconnecting panel wires while the sun is shining.

SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...
          X