Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • akadmyster
    • Nov 2015

Combiner or two disconnects?

Working on permits for 6kw system - LG300 with Enphase microinverters.

I have two branches - one with 16 panels, one with 4 panels (opposite side of ridge).

Should I use a combiner with 2 breakers (one for each branch) and then go to the service panel with one breaker....

or....

should I use two disconnects (one for each branch)..... and run two breakers at the service panel.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Ben25
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by akadmyster
    Working on permits for 6kw system - LG300 with Enphase microinverters.

I have two branches - one with 16 panels, one with 4 panels (opposite side of ridge).

Should I use a combiner with 2 breakers (one for each branch) and then go to the service panel with one breaker....

or....

should I use two disconnects (one for each branch)..... and run two breakers at the service panel.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Do you need a production meter? If so, the circuits need to be combined before they go through the production meter.

Comment

• akadmyster
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Ben25
      Do you need a production meter? If so, the circuits need to be combined before they go through the production meter.

I have an actual approved submittal (San Diego) by a neighbor with a central inverter and it does not have a production meter. So ... going that route the question still is .... do I need two disconnect switches, or a combiner, or a subpanel to meet the one breaker per branch code? I guess I'm asking where is the best place to put the breakers.

Comment

Working...