Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nalinpc3
    • Nov 2013

Panesl suit for a inverter

I have a grid tie inverter and specifications are as follows (2 * 500w)
    DC input range-10.8-28V
    MPPT Voltage-15.5-20VDC
    DC MAX current-30A

And I have cells rated as follows
    Average power - 4Wp
    Average currents 8 I max
    Average voltage- o.5V max
    efficiency 17.75%
    I have 250 pcs of cells
    So.... I need to build panels Can somebody help me to arrange type of panels. I means how many cell I have to put per panel for best operation when considering the mppt action of inverter and in put of inverter etc...
  • Naptown
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2011

36 in series
    NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

[URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

[URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

[URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

Comment

• nalinpc3
      • Nov 2013

Thank you

Originally posted by Naptown
      36 in series
      Can you explain me how to calculate it????/ Wat if I keep Maximum MTTP voltage in each panel and Connect them all parellel to the inverter????

Comment

• SunEagle
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

When you connect each cell in series you add up the voltage. So if each cell is 0.5 volts then 36 in series gets you 18 volts. The amperage stays the same at 8. To get your rough wattage you will multiply the total voltage by the amps. So for your 36 cell panel you would have 18 volts x 8 amp ~ 144 watts.

You could put more cells in series to get a higher voltage but you can't exceed the max DC voltage input of your inverter. Besides a 36 cell panel is exactly what a standard manufactured "battery" panel has. They are usually configured in 4 rows of 9 cells each.

Comment

• nalinpc3
          • Nov 2013

Thank you very much

Its a grid tie inverter. Though max current is 30A If I use the panels in parellel to the inverter the current will 24A its ok but wat about the If put 10*4 =20v Still in the voltage range... And mppt voltage also max 20v....... if I use 40 cells and each having 20v and parellel to the inverter is it working????????//

Comment

• inetdog
            Super Moderator
            • May 2012

Originally posted by nalinpc3
            I have a grid tie inverter and specifications are as follows (2 * 500w)
            DC input range-10.8-28V
            MPPT Voltage-15.5-20VDC
            DC MAX current-30A

And I have cells rated as follows
            Average power - 4Wp
            Average currents 8 I max
            Average voltage- o.5V max
            efficiency 17.75%
            I have 250 pcs of cells
            So.... I need to build panels Can somebody help me to arrange type of panels. I means how many cell I have to put per panel for best operation when considering the mppt action of inverter and in put of inverter etc...
            Just a comment: The voltage range of 15.5 to 20 VDC for an MPPT grid tie inverter is next to ludicrous, and makes me wonder whether you have a plug-in GTI (not a hard-wired connection on the AC side) which is not safety listed and in my opinion is also not safe to use nor likely to deliver close to the published output in any particular situation.
            SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• nalinpc3
              • Nov 2013

Thank you

Originally posted by inetdog
              Just a comment: The voltage range of 15.5 to 20 VDC for an MPPT grid tie inverter is next to ludicrous, and makes me wonder whether you have a plug-in GTI (not a hard-wired connection on the AC side) which is not safety listed and in my opinion is also not safe to use nor likely to deliver close to the published output in any particular situation.
              Can just explain me simply. Any way i am going to use it with hard wire connection

Comment

• russ
                Solar Fanatic
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by nalinpc3
                Can just explain me simply. Any way i am going to use it with hard wire connection
                What is the make and model number of the inverter?
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• nalinpc3
                  • Nov 2013

back again

Originally posted by russ
                  What is the make and model number of the inverter?
                  Its indicated as follows
                  suit for 36 cells solar panel which Vmp is 17-18V as well as Voc is 21-22V
                  wat is the deference between Vmp and Voc
                  Its a chinese one

Comment

Working...