Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turbo2Tonos
    • Sep 2013

Encapsulation with Elastomer kit help

Hey guys, i just poured the Cell-Syl 1084 encapsulant on my solar panel, and i happen to see air gaps in the front side of the panel, specifically in the center where the epoxy hasn't reached yet. Any tricks and tips to make the encapsulant fill all the cell beneath? i have like 24 hourse cure time right? It's only been like 35 minutes now. Find attached pics.

Thanks beforehand!

PS. i also improvised some vibration on the table.
    Attached Files
  • inetdog
    Super Moderator
    • May 2012

Originally posted by Turbo2Tonos
    Hey guys, i just poured the Cell-Syl 1084 encapsulant on my solar panel, and i happen to see air gaps in the front side of the panel, specifically in the center where the epoxy hasn't reached yet. Any tricks and tips to make the encapsulant fill all the cell beneath? i have like 24 hourse cure time right? It's only been like 35 minutes now. Find attached pics.

Thanks beforehand!

PS. i also improvised some vibration on the table.
    The right way to do it is to apply pressure to the outside of the stack and pull a vacuum on the inside to get rid of the air bubbles. I don't think that you will be able to improvise that in the time you have before the encapsulant sets.

Depending on how you have sealed the edges and whether you can keep the glass from bowing, you may be able to tip the unit to get the bubble to move toward one edge.

Carefully applying pressure (like with a roller) from one edge towards the bubble may allow you to move it to an edge also.

If the "gap" contains an isolated air bubble, there is no way to get the epoxy to fill in that gap without somehow removing that air.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...