• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• venvis2001
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you araghava.

• araghava
    replied
    This is in response to someone who wanted to know my contractor.
    Vector Builders.

Admin Note, its fine to mention your installer but please no numbers or links, and I did a search for these guys on www.solarreviews.com and they are not listed, cheers.

Leave a comment:

• venvis2001
    commented on 's reply
    Hi araghava,
    can you PM me the name of your installer? Couple of my friends are asking for installers. Since I did it DIY, I thought of asking Forum members.

• huge
    commented on 's reply
    I did. Not much and not recently since the new ones came out

• DaveDE2
    commented on 's reply
    I suggest you use the search feature and find out.

• huge
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, but how many of them have JPM 's input?

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveDE2
    I wish this website had enough intelligence to flag any question about SMA vs Solaredge and put a big red flashing X on the screen that says:

"USE THE SEARCH FEATURE AND READ ALL ABOUT IT. THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN COVERED A HUNDRED TIMES!!"

Please don't make us all nauseous by dredging this topic up again. This should be a rule of the forum.
    It happens all the time on any number of topics. Welcome to reality. Plenty of intelligence, just maybe not effective ways to deal with the repetition. Lots of us don't care for it, but it probably helps revenue.

Leave a comment:

• DaveDE2
    replied
    I wish this website had enough intelligence to flag any question about SMA vs Solaredge and put a big red flashing X on the screen that says:

"USE THE SEARCH FEATURE AND READ ALL ABOUT IT. THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN COVERED A HUNDRED TIMES!!"

Please don't make us all nauseous by dredging this topic up again. This should be a rule of the forum.

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by huge
    What are your thoughts on SMA vs solaredge? Assuming shade free set up. My installer seems to think solaredge is easier to design /set up
    I've no serious experience with Solar edge and my experience with SMA is limited to observing SMA products are built like tanks and don't seem to fail much, if at all, at least the ones' I'm familiar with.

Opinions from serious and ethical vendors/installers on this forum seem to be a bit divergent as to which might be "better". My engineering judgment generally suggests I'd keep systems as simple as possible and electronics in user controlled environments (for example, indoors/garage) as much as possible/practical, which usually means not on a roof and string inverters. But, I'd defer to those installers/vendors and their greater experience and knowledge in the area of the possible differences in the fit for purposeness of either product.

Leave a comment:

• Bmt22
    replied
    I like solaredge.

Leave a comment:

• huge
    commented on 's reply
    What are your thoughts on SMA vs solaredge? Assuming shade free set up. My installer seems to think solaredge is easier to design /set up

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by huge

This makes me wonder if SMA is actually better for shade free set ups. That seems like a high output per kw
    Depending on orientation, that 80/13 seems to be a reasonable # to me, particularly for CO, with perhaps a higher elevation. I'm at ~ 1,400 ft. above mean sea level and I do about 6.3 - 6.5 kWh/ day per kW per "clear" day that time of year after about 3% late afternoon shading on an orientation of 195.75 deg. azimuth, 18.75 deg. tilt. Check PVOutput for CO systems.

SMA is good stuff, but most decent string inverters run pretty close in efficiency one to another, probably within 1 % or so.

Leave a comment:

• huge
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveDE2
    13kW diy system on shop building:

$18,392
    $1.41/w before any incentives.

51ea Phono Solar 255w panels at $0.59/w (ACO solar)

Iron ridge racking at $0.23/w (Ressupply)

SMA Sunny Boy 6.0 inverters (2ea) at $0.29/w (The Power Store)

Misc @ $0.30/w: Structural analysis, Soladeck, SMA Rapid shutdown (2ea), permit fees, NEC 2014 manual, POCO new meter and connect fee, wire and connectors, AC disconnect, line side tap materials, PV labels, conduit, inverter cooling fans, tools, three high school students helped for panel installation labor @ $15/hr, etc.

System commissioned a few weeks ago. So far generating about 80kWhrs/day when it's not cloudy.

Photo taken by son's UAV:
    This makes me wonder if SMA is actually better for shade free set ups. That seems like a high output per kw

Leave a comment:

• kommong2
    replied
    In New Jersey (NJ)

9.3 KW system at $3.01/W installed before rebates this week
    LG300N1K-G4(Neon 2 all black panles for better aesthetics look) with 25 year warranty
    Enphase sw280 microinverters with 25 year warranty
    Enphase Envoy S Monitoring system
    10 year Labor warranty from local NJ installer
    total cost about 28k
    I could have gone cheaper if I had picked solaredge panels and Optimizers instead of microinverters but I am glad to have even better system installed at a reasonable price. Let's hope SREC prices in NJ stay high.

Leave a comment:

• acf
    commented on 's reply
    which company?
Working...