X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • propnut
    • Jan 2023

Luxpower ACS 3600 Battery Inverter

Hello all, first time post

After originally standing up my own small off grid system i decided to invest in a grid tied install. The system is a nominal 6KW with 7.2KW battery storage. The system works fine. However I have noticed that the Luxpower AC coupled inverter consumes around 40-50w from the battery despite the manufacturer claiming 10W. The net result is that during the night or even on very cloudy days the system drains the battery. At a threshold of around 49v the BMS then decides the battery needs topping up and replaces the suns energy it wasted with expensive energy from the grid. As this is a highly undesirable end result i have taken to turning off the inverter at night and when the weather prediction is really bad. And yes I have queried this both with the installer the local distributer and lets just say the term chocolate teapot springs to mind.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen similar behaviour either from this samr platform or if indeed if it is expdcted behaviour across any AC coupled system ?

Thanks
Working...