Grid-Tied Micro inverter feeding to Grid and not Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grid-Tied Micro inverter feeding to Grid and not Home

Good day, I'm new to Solar power and I'm reading up on it on the internet as much as possible. As I live in a smalish town in South Africa, professional information and advice is hard to come by, aswell as the actual equipment (seems like everything that is iported are catered to big solar installations for these comapnies in the cities).

I dont own a home yet so I'm renting. Which makes it dificult to go with Solar. But The appartment I stay in is on the ground floor with a garden that faces the sun the whole day all year around. So i'm gong small for now to make it easier when I have to move or when I can buy my first house. I recently bought a 600W Micro Inverter on eBay, which I will be connecting to a 250W ReneSola Virtus II panel. My current consumption during the day when I'm not at home is around 90W - 120W. I have a Efergy Engagu Hub solar kit, so I can monitor my total power suage 24\7 Online aswell as my solar generaton. No according to this, I am pusing the amount of power generated out to the grid, and not into the home circuit, which does not make sense to me. The total usage would be 100W, wen I turn on the inverter it would generate say 100W (measured with the CT sensor on the output cable of the Engage Hub aswell as those Kill-a-watt units to confirm), but the total power usage will actually increase by the amount I generate to 200W total and not fall to 0W as you would expect. I understand the inverter would push power into the grid, but only the surplus.

I am at a loss here, any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks
Working...
X