X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lkstaack
    Solar Fanatic
    • Nov 2014

Battery User Control

I'm a new solar battery owner, with a Neovolta 14.4 kWh LFP system. I didn't perform my due diligence when shopping for batteries. I assumed that market forces would require manufactures to provide users the same level of system control as the Powerwall. I don't have any control of my Neovolta. Is this typical of current battery offerings?

As an owner of a $17.5k system, I'm provided access to the Solarman Smart app. This app shows electricity production and consumption of the 120v circuits that are supplied by the battery. It doesn't show consumption from my 240v circuits. With my old SolarEdge system, I loved useing PV Output to monitor production and consumption. The Neovolta system includes an integrated inverter, but they refuse to provide the API Key required for PV Output to show production. Is that typical?

Neovolta delegates all battery control of the system to installers. Users are held hostage to the whims of their installer. Is that typical? What happens if (when) they go out of business?

I love the capabilities of my Neovolta system, and hate the fact that I don't have any control over it. Is this type of paternalistic policy typical of battery providers?
    LG280/SE6000/[url]http://tinyurl.com/pav2bn8[/url]
Working...