Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike90250
    replied
    Originally posted by waceycornia
    Well as far as safety i just went and fixed an ac pump that was not properly grounded and it killed a horse and two cows....
    That's a bummer. Sorry about that. Properly grounded is the operative word, DC pumps need to be grounded too, same as AC.

Leave a comment:

• waceycornia
    replied
    DC well pump

Well as far as safety i just went and fixed an ac pump that was not properly grounded and it killed a horse and two cows so im not sure which way to go with this deal. I agree with the staying away from chinese products i have never had any luck with anything made in china.

Leave a comment:

• Mike90250
    replied
    AC or DC cooks beef just fine - watts are watts.

Billions of houses in the states have deep well pumps that run on 240V utility power, and seldom, if any reports of getting shocked by water. Of course, the DC pumps may cost 2 or 3 times what an AC pump costs. And if it needs repair, Billy Bob at the Pump Shack is not likely to have any parts for it. And for safety, I don't trust the Chi Com products.

Leave a comment:

• waceycornia
    replied
    DC well pump

I think i want to go with a dc pump because it will be filling a water trough for cattle to drink out of and i don

Leave a comment:

• Mike90250
    replied
    Grunfos makes some DC pumps, but the pump and it's controller are as expensive as a PV, battery, inverter setup to run a generic AC pump.

The most important thing is to properly size the pump, the combo of Motor & pump stages is critical to get the best performance per watt. And a 240V, 3 wire pump is easier for an inverter to start than the same pump in a 2 wire configuraton.

Mike "been there, done that" B.

Leave a comment:

• Nadja
    replied
    Sorta Deep Well Pump

Well, here in the upper desert of AZ. we average about 320' deep up to about 1500 ft. So what do we use ? We all pretty much use 220 single phase AC well pumps. Even on solar , they are not so bad. Most of my neighbors all just fire up the generators, pump for about an hour into a top side holding tank and then from there a small house pressure system does the trick. In fact a shur-flo pump with a 2 liter bladder tank and you have hot showers or any other water needed. If you wish to run the deep well pump on solar, you will need to go one of two ways, either two sine wave inverters with a com strip to enable 220 or a 220 step up tranformer , which will do the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• waceycornia
    started a topic DC deep well pumps

DC deep well pumps

What is a good brand of DC well pump? I neep to pump water out of a 150 ft deep well and want to use a solar set up with a dc pump.
Working...