Web monitoring for small solar systems (EPEVER or Renology controllers)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BranoCerny
    • Apr 2021

Web monitoring for small solar systems (EPEVER or Renology controllers)

Hi everyone,

I would like to get your feedback on my project. I am thinking to make this available to the public but I am not sure if I am just wasting my time or there will be people interested in this product and service.

I am working on Arduino based unit that can monitor and control EPEVER or compatible solar charger controller equipped with RS-485. The unit is connected to a web server that can be local or on the internet. If you are hooked to the internet then you can remotely access your system from anywhere. It is handy not just to see the current status of your solar system but also you can see the full history or if the other parts of your solar setup work properly. For example, you can see if the fridge is running or the irrigation is turning on/off at certain times.

The features that are already working: Remote data logging (PV V/A, Battery V/A, Load V/A, Charge status, SOC, Charging I, Temperature, and many more mostly statistical data)
    E-mail and SMS alarms if SOC reaching or dropping under a certain value, the temperature is reaching a certain degree or unit lost the connection with the server.
    Remote configuration

I am working on the following features: Load control (On/Off by timer, Manual, Certain conditions are met i.e. SOC, voltage, Temperature over/ under the set value).
    Optional 4 channel relay module to control up to 4 different devices (by timer, manual trigger, or when certain conditions are met i.e. SOC, voltage, temperature over/ under the set value, etc.).
    Using NodeMCU with wifi connection instead of an Arduino and ethernet.

You can have look at the dashboard here: http://solardemo.blacksoft.com.au

Login is: info@blacksoft.com.au
    Password: EPEVER_SOLAR

Please note that alarm notifications and settings are not working because this is only a demo site. The data are copied in real-time from my live system for demonstration purposes only.

IMG_0383.jpeg
Working...