Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SunEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by hozer
    Thanks bud for the reply I get charged $0.15 cents per kilowatt. That's About $2.45 cents a day for 16.6 kilowatts per day.
    Ok. At $0.15/kWh that battery system will save you about (5.6kWh x $0.15/kWh) $0.84 a day or $1550 in 5 years when you have to purchase a new set of batteries.

I know this is not what you want to hear and I do not like the math either but it just doesn't make sense to spend thousands of $ for the solar battery system to only save less than a buck a day.

Leave a comment:

• Sunking
    replied
    Thanks bud for the reply I get charged $0.15 cents per kilowatt. That's About $2.49 cents a day for 16.6 kilowatts per day.
    Great go solar and you will pay more than $1.50 per Kwh or $25 per day.

Leave a comment:

• Sunking
    replied
    I run about 500KWH per month or 16.6 KWH per day. I know I will not be able to run
    all my devices in the RV all day but least the refer ( 5 amps ) and window A/C unit
    5 amps and maybe a 12 amp heater.
    ( not all day ) or all at the same time.

I just want to try to cut down on my propane and electric bill.

Thanks
    You can do everything except what is highlighted in RED. They all have to go. A solar system on your RV with what you propose might generate 1.5 Kwh/day leaving you 15 Kwh/day short.

Leave a comment:

• hozer
    replied
    Originally posted by SunEagle
    Welcome to Solar Panel Talk hozer.

Before you purchase anything you should know that a solar battery system costs much much more to produce a kWh then purchasing that kWh from the Utility.

I can tell you that the 24v 480 Ah battery system can provide you about 2.8 kWh daily without hurting them. That is really not a lot. Those 1800 watts of panels will be enough to recharge the batteries and give you a little more power so maybe best case is about another 2.8 kWh or 5.6 kWh total output a day.

I do not know how much your Utility charges you but that 5.6 kWh a day would cost me about $0.78. So after 5 years I would be paying the Utility about $1425. So for a solar battery system to be less costly than the Utility it would have to cost less than $1425 which will not even cover the cost of those panels let alone the batteries.
    Thanks bud for the reply I get charged $0.15 cents per kilowatt. That's About $2.49 cents a day for 16.6 kilowatts per day.

At 5.6 KWH for me would cost me $0.84 just a taste more than you.

Leave a comment:

• SunEagle
    replied
    I have reading alot about solar systems. I live in a 40' 5th wheel RV and live in the western part of Colorado. We get approx. 290 days of sun. Now This is what I was thinking of buying.....

6 - LG 305 watt solar panels ( 305 watt output each total 1830 watts ) ( around 75 amps output )
    Magnum 5000 watt 24 volt inverter
    Schneider (Xantrex) XW-MPPT-60-150V Charge Controller
    4 - 6 volt 480ah Royal AGM batteries.
    ( Plus 3 - 30 amp fuse boxes and a junction box for the solar panels

My question is..............

I am Trying to figure out how many hours per will I be able to runs some devices on solar

I run about 500KWH per month or 16.6 KWH per day. I know I will not be able to run
    all my devices in the RV all day but least the refer ( 5 amps ) and window A/C unit
    5 amps and maybe a 12 amp heater. ( not all day ) or all at the same time.

Thanks
    Welcome to Solar Panel Talk hozer.

Before you purchase anything you should know that a solar battery system costs much much more to produce a kWh then purchasing that kWh from the Utility.

I can tell you that the 24v 480 Ah battery system can provide you about 2.8 kWh daily without hurting them. That is really not a lot. Those 1800 watts of panels will be enough to recharge the batteries and give you a little more power so maybe best case is about another 2.8 kWh or 5.6 kWh total output a day.

I do not know how much your Utility charges you but that 5.6 kWh a day would cost me about $0.78. So after 5 years I would be paying the Utility about $1425. So for a solar battery system to be less costly than the Utility it would have to cost less than $1425 which will not even cover the cost of those panels let alone the batteries.

Leave a comment:

• hozer
    started a topic Thinking of going Solar

Thinking of going Solar

I have reading alot about solar systems. I live in a 40' 5th wheel RV and live in the western part of Colorado. We get approx. 290 days of sun. Now This is what I was thinking of buying.....

6 - LG 305 watt solar panels ( 305 watt output each total 1830 watts ) ( around 75 amps output )
    Magnum 5000 watt 24 volt inverter
    Schneider (Xantrex) XW-MPPT-60-150V Charge Controller
    4 - 6 volt 480ah Royal AGM batteries.
    ( Plus 3 - 30 amp fuse boxes and a junction box for the solar panels

My question is..............

I am Trying to figure out how many hours per will I be able to runs some devices on solar

5 amps and maybe a 12 amp heater. ( not all day ) or all at the same time.

Thanks
Working...