X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xplode
    Solar Fanatic
    • Sep 2016

Power Max battery charger

Been struggling with the decision on what to purchase for my latest cabin installation. Previously I've used Aims 2000W Inverter Charger units, and they include a 30A charger function. Russ was fine on my 235Ah Banks, but this next install is 430Ah, and will actually get closer to daily use (recreation property, bit still someone there several days at a time all through spring-fall)

I've looked at the larger 3000w inverter/charger units, which include a 40A charger, but the parasitic losses jump another 80% or so, and the peak demand is really likely to be maybe 100W (aside from the occasional blip), so I really don't need that big of inverter and associated losses...

Sooooo, I look back towards a small inverter with large charger as an option. Introduce the "Power Max PM3-50-24. A very inexpensive 50A 24VDC charger ($200).

In all honesty the cabin is going to be over panelled so it's only probably going to be generator assist in the edges of fall and spring, and maybe winter if we're up there.

Anyone have experience with this unit/brand? Thoughts on a better charger that's not $500?
    I don't need fancy auto Chargers, just bulk mode to get the batteries back up to nearly full...

link to product
Working...