Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wanderer
    • Oct 2019

2 controllers in solar system from rv doubts

I’m new in this forum as this thing of solar energy. I read about it and i’m trying to build a system for my RV, my wage is limited and i want to use it in cables, fuses, batteries and maybe an inverter, the panels and the controllers that I got are old, different brands with different amps and volts (the higher is 18.9) in total is 5 panels and together is 415 watts, I don’t have the right controller for the 415 watts but I have two 20amp and 12 volt controllers one of them is MARK PV brand and the other is GO POWER they are old but it seems they work very well they have integrated a fuse for the panel and another for the battery and I want to divide my 5 panels in two for 200 watts and three for 215 watts. I want to know if you had experience with something similar or the project is a good idea or not, there are some questions that it came up to my mind. Is that possible? Do I have to add extra fuses between the batteries and the controllers? And is necessary that it have communication between the two controllers and if it is, how can I do that?

I’ll appreciate every comment or help.

P.D. Sorry for my grammar, english is not my native language.

Working...