No announcement yet.

My System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nooooooo, To balance it out I need another 9 on the bottom row. ohhhhh!

Comment

But you have a valley to the left there.

Comment

Yes, I would have to miss one there but plenty of room on the RH Side.
        I was surprised how cheap I got my original panels

Comment

The System pushed out 13.2 Kw's today. As shown by the Sunny Beam the second half of the day was a bit up and down due to clouds, one second it was 2.3 Kw and the next second it dropped down to 650Watts. It shows you what a cloud can do.

Comment

13.2, nice.

How do you anchor down the rails with the tile roof? I suppose you have to anchor down to the rafter, or the roof batten? Them 2x1 tile roof battens aren't held down by much. They usually just nail them down.

I take it with that system that you'll get no more power bills? Should come close to it with the feed in tariff being 3 times that of what you pull off the grid and all.

Comment

You have a Aluminium bracket that screws to the top of a roof truss or rafter on top of the sarking if any, then you have the SLIDE tile bracket that slides into this truss bracket the one that supports the rail.
              See the reason why you have two pieces is because it impossible to have everytime the truss lining up with the low part of the tile so what you do is fit/ slide in Truss bit into the tile bracket then line it up with the tile and slide the truss bracket for the best hole position then you screw it.
              I will put some large pictures up on my site latter today. I think I took some of the above.

Comment

Here we go.
                http://www.voiceofoz.com.au/viewtopi...129&p=385#p385

Comment

Thanks I get it now. Slide tile up - screw bracket to rafter - slide tile back down.

Comment

Very simple and easy to do, but I do recommend to add that bit of a bus bar in between both rail to stop the problem I had.

Comment

In general Aluminum today is expensive and I would like to know how much a 5 M length of this rail is worth. See one end has the big slot for the special tee bolts for the rails to tile bracket, the other end (top side) has a smaller slot for the nuts to slide in to secure the pv panel.

Comment

Working...
                      X