Enter Zipcode

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Solar edge vs enphase

Administrator

Default Solar edge vs enphase

Has anyone here used the solar edge inverters and optimizers?
    And have you seen any inverter efficiencies any where near the 99% they are claiming?
    Rich
    WWW.solarsaves.net

NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design

http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

www.gaisma.com

nope, but I'd be interested in knowing if they cost about the same or more.
    Enecsys, and Siemens are two other competitors you might want to check out.

Default I have solaredge Optimizers/inverter

I have a solaredge rig but I have no idea how to know how efficient it is. I do know I am beating the pvwatts estimates .. but many settings were left at default (overall fudge factor .77 )..

I have had no issues with it.. Well.. one issue.. ONE day.. the central inverter did not come on.. so i made no power on an otherwise perfect day. They said they have seen some latch up issue that they have a fix for and they would install it if it happens again. It never did. They said they would even pay me for the power lost if I told them how much.. For $5.. not gonna bother.. but it was a good customer service move.

I use their web portal as well as send data to pvoutput.org from my (currently flaky) TED5000. I have data coming out of my ears..

I can share more general observations.. but not much on any comparison of this vs enphase ..

Solar Fanatic

Default no they look interesting though

No they look interesting though. We've always used Tigo optimizers with minimal overall benefit (with SP panels) but more useful for specific installations, shade, funky sizes, orientations, etc.

Solar Fanatic

Power One has microinverters capable of 250W and 300W, so you don't get the clipping of voltage with Enphase 190s and 215s.

Dear Sir
    Have a nice day!
    you can refer to Sungrow ,sunteam, SMA, on-grid inverter, plus Wotech solar panel.
    Read Forum Rules. No advertising in signatures.

Administrator

Compare the price of that system with the solar edge Vs an enphase system. If you are using 60 cell panels in the 250 or less range there should be no clipping unless your panels are tilted up very much and there is an appreciable amount of snow or water to reflect from when it is cold.
    I have compared system costs and the end result is about the same with either.
    Rich
    WWW.solarsaves.net

NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design

http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

www.gaisma.com

An engineer can be confident because he did the study/calculations - whether his work or assumptions are correct can be a different story.

Solar Fanatic
    Placerville, CA. In the Sierra Foothills, around 2000 ft. altitude, occasional snow.

Quote Originally Posted by russ View Post
    An engineer can be confident because he did the study/calculations - whether his work or assumptions are correct can be a different story.
    The Quality Assurance / Test Engineer, on the other hand, can be much more confident because he has faithfully simulated all the stresses on the system that the Design Engineer has told him about.
    The environment and the user are under no such restrictions.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown View Post
    Compare the price of that system with the solar edge Vs an enphase system. If you are using 60 cell panels in the 250 or less range there should be no clipping unless your panels are tilted up very much and there is an appreciable amount of snow or water to reflect from when it is cold.
    I have compared system costs and the end result is about the same with either.
    My 235 trina panels will clip my M215s on sunny days. Tilt 34 deg lat 40 deg.
    Best solar day 80 kwh. Online solar 4/10/2012.