Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to calculate the capacity of storage battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
    I will answer your question for $10,000 USD
    My dear ,

I am just a university student and i am seeking HELP

If you cant HELP , then please do not insult my wish of seeking knowledge

Comment

Sorry but you will not get your question answer here. You have crossed the line into industrial/commercial/professional systems. Pros do not educate you for free. They charge fees. My fee is $10,000 USD.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

I don't understand how a University student would be working on a project that is as big as a 100 mega watt wind farm even for a research paper. Seems like the request is off base.

As for Sunking's fee of $10,000. I think you are getting off cheap for a design that big.

Comment

Sorry but you will not get your question answer here. You have crossed the line into industrial/commercial/professional systems. Pros do not educate you for free. They charge fees. My fee is $10,000 USD.
          Thank you for your time.

Real HELP will be appreciated.

If i had this much money , u would ,perharps, not find me on the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
            I don't understand how a University student would be working on a project that is as big as a 100 mega watt wind farm even for a research paper.
            Simple, it is today's modern slave labor. A corporation pays a University a small donation for a lot of research work.
            MSEE, PE

Comment

Simple, it is today's modern slave labor. A corporation pays a University a small donation for a lot of research work.
              Thats right, Its a research project and a complete design is to be described in a piece of journal.

Anyways, the whole world is an open source for knowledge and there are people who have enough courtesy to HELP people . You guys demand money because you believe that you shouldnt tell stuff for free which you are good at.

I assure you , a REAL PRO never SELLS his knowledge and acts like an open book for everyone

Comment

Originally posted by maxi_da1 View Post
                Thats right, Its a research project and a complete design is to be described in a piece of journal.

Anyways, the whole world is an open source for knowledge and there are people who have enough courtesy to HELP people . You guys demand money because you believe that you shouldnt tell stuff for free which you are good at.

I assure you , a REAL PRO never SELLS his knowledge and acts like an open book for everyone
                I hate to tell you but Sunking was kindly saying it was a stupid question -

You do your own homework the normal (hard) way - don't come asking others to do it for you.
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

This happens a lot, especially out of India. Where students and industries try to get professional level data from the USA and other developed countries for free then they cobble together something from that information and then sell themselves as experts. I live it every day in the IT industry. The book-smart people still perform poorly against real-world educated people. Meetings are like a cloud of guesswork among people who read about stuff over the prior year or heard from friends how to do something. Incredible our business managers buy into this scheme. But, it's because "they're cheap" - that's how they sell it.

The best way to do the work is internship in actual companies who do the work. The industries work professionally for fee exchange. Serious university projects are never anywhere near the quality of real work in the field. This is why projects and studies garnered from universities, especially upstart international ones, are very faulty and can't stand on their own against real-world experience.

Sunking is being kind in offering a $10K USD fee. It should be much more. Who wants to educate a country for free? Send students to the USA, get properly educated in universities, pay for education and work in the industry. Then you are ready to tackle a 100MW Wind farm properly.
                  PowerOne 3.6 x 2, 32 SolarWorld 255W mono

Comment

Originally posted by bonaire View Post
                    This happens a lot, especially out of India. Where students and industries try to get professional level data from the USA and other developed countries for free then they cobble together something from that information and then sell themselves as experts. I live it every day in the IT industry. The book-smart people still perform poorly against real-world educated people. Meetings are like a cloud of guesswork among people who read about stuff over the prior year or heard from friends how to do something. Incredible our business managers buy into this scheme. But, it's because "they're cheap" - that's how they sell it.

The best way to do the work is internship in actual companies who do the work. The industries work professionally for fee exchange. Serious university projects are never anywhere near the quality of real work in the field. This is why projects and studies garnered from universities, especially upstart international ones, are very faulty and can't stand on their own against real-world experience.

Sunking is being kind in offering a $10K USD fee. It should be much more. Who wants to educate a country for free? Send students to the USA, get properly educated in universities, pay for education and work in the industry. Then you are ready to tackle a 100MW Wind farm properly.
                    Guys , you need to take it easy.

For God sake i just simply asked you an educational help , just like if somebody is stuck at some point and needs to understand how to jump out of a problem.

I am truly dis-appointed by the way you people are taking my question.

Its just that my professor (Who is leading the Team of researchers at Siemens Middle East ) is on vaccation and it takes couple of days for him to reply to my queries which slows down my work progress.

I came to this forum while searching an answer to my questions but you guys have started to give ( i am sorry to say ) NON-SENSE. Although , i like your idea of doing an internship at soem industry but thats not gona help me at this very time when i need answer to my question.

@Russ ... My dear I did my graduation from Ankara, Turkey - METU with a CGPA of 3.87 / 4.00 , and what i know is that a question NOT ASKED is the STUPID Question, and i have asked a question here..If you dont have answers then stop playing around and giving free advices.

I mean No offense to anyone

Comment

Guys i am working on design of a 100 MW wind farm and i need to know the calculations about energy storage of the system using batteries?

Precisely speaking,

What kind of batteries should be placed ?
                      What should be the ratings of battery in terms of power output in times of high demand.(Power out to the grid)

Please help me
                      You will need Acres of land and a hill. The system you need is called "Pumped Hydroelectric Storage". It is way beyond my skill level to advise you further, except you cannot expect others to do intensive work for free.

See these two articles for more info:
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumped-...droelectricity
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grid_energy_storage
                      This should impress you with the scale of what you are asking, for free.

Good Luck Luke Skywalker
                      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

@Russ ... My dear I did my graduation from Ankara, Turkey - METU with a CGPA of 3.87 / 4.00 , and what i know is that a question NOT ASKED is the STUPID Question, and i have asked a question here..If you dont have answers then stop playing around and giving free advices.
                        Sorry buddy but I am not your "dear" - that q]would make me queer.

METU is a good university but maybe you skipped a few too many classes? Go ask for the answer to your homework elsewhere.
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

For God sake i just simply asked you an educational help , just like if somebody is stuck at some point and needs to understand how to jump out of a problem.

I am truly dis-appointed by the way you people are taking my question.

Its just that my professor (Who is leading the Team of researchers at Siemens Middle East ) is on vaccation and it takes couple of days for him to reply to my queries which slows down my work progress.

I came to this forum while searching an answer to my questions but you guys have started to give ( i am sorry to say ) NON-SENSE. Although , i like your idea of doing an internship at soem industry but thats not gona help me at this very time when i need answer to my question.

I mean No offense to anyone
                          No offense taken.

It is just that you expect to be provided with a major amount of design information (which I am not even technically able to give you) as though you were asking for a recipe to make a cake. The design for a battery storage unit for a wind farm that can produce 100 million watts of electricity is an enormous engineering task. It is not going to be explained in a simple paragraph or even a single sheet of paper. It is very complicated therefore it is not cheap to obtain.

I feel bad that you and your University are required to provide this type of information without being financially compensated for your work. Maybe it is ok for a project on a 5kw scale but not a 100mw scale.

Comment

There are some sharp engineers here (India) but the great majority are poorly educated and have never been taught to think.

I have a new assistant who is supposedly a chemical engineer with the equivalent of a BS - about all he can do is answer the phone or chase information for me. Our IT department is a disaster - anyone that knows anything about information systems has a green card and is long gone.
                            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I told you would not get any answers here. If my company were to build this project, we are looking at millions in design and management fees. I will answer two of your questions for $10,000 USD.. Best deal you will ever get offered.

I am a licensed Professional Engineer. So are all of my employees except admin staff. We paid for 6+ years of expensive education, minimum 5 years EIT progran after college to become a PE's, and an additional two College Credit hours each year to maintain licensure. In all over 40 years I have over $1,000,000 tied up in my education and OJT; so what makes you think you are entitled to get my services for free? Not going to happen young man. Nothing is free.

You really want to know, then apply for an internship in the USA to work for an engineering company for free. I personally rotate 1 intern per year at their expense. I have hired two of them in the 7 years since I have owned my own biz. They make well over $100,000/year.
                              MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
                              X