Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CraziFuzzy
    • Jul 2014

Unirac SunFrame grounding

Spec'ing out a system, and looking at the SunFrame racking, mostly because this is for a patio cover install, so the gapless install will be much preferred. There doesn't seem to be any 'prescribed' method of bonding the rails. What has been done by others in this regard? Also how are people bonding the panels to the rails, or is it left to just stringing a copper wire to a lug on each module? With all the surface contact between the SunFrame and the panel frames, it's a shame it doesn't create a good enough bond that way (or at least not an approved bond).
  • nova
    • Feb 2013

This subject is being discussed here around post 34 has good link

Comment

• emartin00
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2013

Unfortunately the SunFrame was not designed with any sort of grounding in mind. Your only option is to put a lug on each module and run copper wire to each module. I'll admit, it looks really nice, but it's not a cheap system.

Comment

• CraziFuzzy
        • Jul 2014

Sorry, I'm not asking about if the equipment needs to be grounded or bonded - I'm asking specifically how people have attached their EGC to the SunFrame rails, and if anyone's come up with a better way to bond the panels to this EGC as well. For reference, Unirac's SolarMount system has got bonding t-nuts that are used for just about everything, bonding everything together, and then, when using the newer integrated bond microinverters, the entire system can be bonded to the EGC through the integrated ground in the inverters, through the cable, and back to the service ground. They make no mention of doing so with the sunframe panels, so I'm simply asking if people are still just running the copper wire to everything (except the integrated bond microinverters), with a ton of WEEBLugs on everything.

Comment

Working...