Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sunny Solar
    Solar Fanatic
    • May 2012

65KWH IS ONE STEP BEYOND INSANE. 1950kwh a month give or take a kilogram.
    Im at complete loss to know how some people live.. mabe im just a mean user of electricity.??
    but my electric bill is under 400kwh a month.
    300l fridge. one x1hp split aircon on every night 10 hrs . 10 12w CFLs and 8 5w LED 240v lamps but they run off solar..
    50"TVon about 8 hrs a day. Auto 7kg washing machine used 2 times a week.(40 mins a cycle)
    Have another 21/2 hp split air con used about 6 hrs a week.
    Thats it.
    Gas stove used every day and solar oven used boil water and cook rice most days.

Comment

• Sunking
      Solar Fanatic
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Stoppy
      It is 80 amps. This project will never be built and pure fantasy from someone who has no clue what they are doing.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

• Stoppy
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Sunking
        It is 80 amps. This project will never be built and pure fantasy from someone who has no clue what they are doing.
        The max charging current is 80A, so you cannot add a fuse or breaker of 80A rating, the next available breaker ratings is 100A, got it?!

Comment

• Sunking
          Solar Fanatic
          • Feb 2010

The max charging current is 80A, so you cannot add a fuse or breaker of 80A rating, the next available breaker ratings is 100A, got it?!
          I have 35 years experience in EE and a PE. Your instructors has never designed or built anything. That is why they teach. Got it? You are just a student who has never done anything. If you had you would know you have a disaster on paper.
          MSEE, PE

Comment

• SunEagle
            Super Moderator
            • Oct 2012

The maximum output of the charger is 80 amps. Putting a larger fuse on it does not get you more amps out of it.

What you are thinking is the same as saying I still have checks in my checkbook so there must be money in the bank to cover them.

The only way to get 100 charging amps is to use multiple CC connected to the same battery bank.

Comment

• inetdog
              Super Moderator
              • May 2012

Originally posted by SunEagle
              ...The maximum output of the charger is 80 amps. Putting a larger fuse on it does not get you more amps out of it....
              I suspect that all he is saying is that if the 80A output is continuous then the NEC would require branch circuit wiring and OCPD to be rated at 1.25 times that or 100A unless 100% rated equipment is used. No implication that you would ever actually see 100A.
              Once can argue that the same provision also applies to DC circuits over 50V.
              SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• SunEagle
                Super Moderator
                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by inetdog
                I suspect that all he is saying is that if the 80A output is continuous then the NEC would require branch circuit wiring and OCPD to be rated at 1.25 times that or 100A unless 100% rated equipment is used. No implication that you would ever actually see 100A.
                Ah. I get it. The wiring diagram was showing a fuse rating not the CC output.

Comment

• Stoppy
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Sunking
                  I have 35 years experience in EE and a PE. Your instructors has never designed or built anything. That is why they teach. Got it? You are just a student who has never done anything. If you had you would know you have a disaster on paper.

Comment

• Stoppy
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by SunEagle
                    The maximum output of the charger is 80 amps. Putting a larger fuse on it does not get you more amps out of it.

What you are thinking is the same as saying I still have checks in my checkbook so there must be money in the bank to cover them.

The only way to get 100 charging amps is to use multiple CC connected to the same battery bank.
                    Man who told u I want 100A from the charger controller????!! I'm happy with 80A. The 100A breaker it's just for protection

Comment

• Stoppy
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by inetdog
                      Exactly! thank you!

Comment

• zaki
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Sunny Solar
                        The schematic shows ALL the batteries in parallel. ???
                        Trying to ever balance 24 batteries in series parallel will be the most fun you will have for a very long time to come. Would have been far easier to have used 12 batteries with double the capacity..
                        Der Versuch, mehr als 24 Batterien parallel Serie Balance wird der größte Spaß, sein, gut, du hast Recht.
                        Villen Dank

<sales site link deleted>

---Mod Note:

Zaki,
                        Your posting behavior is going over the line of what is acceptable in this Forum.
                        Please be more responsible or face disciplinary action.
                        Last edited by inetdog; 04-17-2015, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Mike90250
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by zaki
                          Der Versuch, mehr als 24 Batterien parallel Serie Balance wird der größte Spaß, sein, gut, du hast Recht.
                          Villen Dank
                          Trying to more than 24 batteries in parallel series balance is the most fun to be , well , you're right.
                          Thanks villas
                          Please, use google translate for your posting to this english forum. Much easier for you (1 person) to do this, than for many people who would be interested in your post, but don't bother with translating.
                          Thanks

Bitte verwenden Sie Google Translate für Ihren Beitrag zu dieser Englisch -Forum. Viel einfacher für Sie (1 Person) , dies zu tun , als für viele Menschen, wäre daran interessiert, Ihre Post , aber nicht mit Übersetzungs stören.
                          Danke Shon
                          Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Working...