Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • donald
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2015

What I would do is run a simple 12v system, with one or two solar panel . Probably two agm batteries that I would remove in the fall. I would make it easy to plug in a genset when needed. I would plan to own a 2000 watt generator in the future (Honda 2000i) when your current generator breaks . I would probably have two 100 lb AGM batteries that I would remove each fall.
    If you do a 12v system, you can do a small refrigerator with an efficient Danfoss compressor. I have two. A Engel portable that I use as a freezer, and an Norcold under counter fridge. If I had a weekend cabin I would use Engel I have as a refrigerator. I would stock it at home and move it back and forth to the cabin. It can be powered by either 12v or 120v. I probably wouldn't install a permanent fridge in a weekend cabin, at least at first.
    The batteries you have do dictate a 48v system. I don't see any reason you need that large of a system. A 12v system with an inverter for a couple of 120v outlets is the standard for boats, RVs and smaller cabins. LEDs eliminate just about all need for 120v lighting on a cabin-size scale. A couple of powerful lights can be done with 120v LED off the inverter, if needed.

Comment

• Dansjeep2000
      • Feb 2015

Thanks, this is what I was looking for.

Comment

Working...