X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimindenver
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2014

Currently in my case I run three Eco-Worthy 20 MPPT controllers, one on each panel tracking the sun on the ground. Each controller is set up the same and has the same size/length of connection to the bank. We do this because we can take the panels but can't hold a big bank. The panels assist in running things during the day and we use very little over night. It is the least expensive way for us to run all three panels BUT we fair weather camp at high altitude where we rarely use A/C. it all works for now but the batteries come home between trips. The rig sees temperatures between -20 and 105F in storage and the Eco-worthy's do not have temperature compensation or automatic features like equalization.

When I mount the panels the TS-MPPT-60 will be the best bet (I believe) for it's ability to track more than one array. The twin 245w mono's will go up top and if the 230w poly isn't mounted, it can still be used as a portable when needed. It can pull more from cloud cover than the mono's and a portable is nice when you get sun from 6 am till 11 or noon. Then the clouds roll in and you get squat, that is what we see the most. I'll reevaluate the options and get opinions as I get closer to mounting.

Comment

Working...