Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brianriggs
    • Oct 2014

need alot of help 12v dozer batteries

Hi.Im new to this.i Have a camper that im going to be living in. Ineed to know what size solar panel U need and controller.I need inverter to run a small fridge tv and dvd player charge cell and laptops.and 12v fan and lightps
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

You need deep cycle batteries (not "dozer" batteries)

And with a fridge, you are likely looking at a 24V system. even small fridges, will consume over 1KWh of power in a day. And you need a large enough inverter to start the fridge.

The fan and laptop will be your next largest loads, and the phone & TV (unless you watch 27 hrs of TV a day) will be insignificant compared to the rest of the stuff. (those lights should be LED's BTW.)

And the problem with a camper is, not enough good roof space for enough PV panels, and you often want to park in the shade where the panels won't work.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• brianriggs
      • Oct 2014

The lights are 12 volt.the fridge is a small camper fridge.the camper Will not be moved and gets plenty of light also the fan is 12v.I scrapped the tv idea.was looking at a 100 watt pannel and30 amp charge controller.

Comment

• paulcheung
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jul 2013

There is no way you can use 100watts panel to support a fridge no matter how small it is as long as it has a compressor. I wonder if a 300 watts panel with MPPT controller will be sufficient to support the fridge. May be if you are live in Jamaica.

Comment

• SunEagle
          Super Moderator
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by brianriggs
          The lights are 12 volt.the fridge is a small camper fridge.the camper Will not be moved and gets plenty of light also the fan is 12v.I scrapped the tv idea.was looking at a 100 watt pannel and30 amp charge controller.
          Without really knowing what you use daily in watt hours it will be hard to tell what size battery and solar panel you will need.

More than likely you will need much more than 100 watts. Also those smaller panels less than 200 watts usually cost twice as much so the minimum panel wattage you should look at is 200.

But before you go purchase anything give us an idea on the wattage of those lights, fan and fridge as well as how many hours a day you will be running them. That will give us a base load to work with.

Comment

• Sunking
            Solar Fanatic
            • Feb 2010

Well the 100 watt panel will charge the laptops, but that is about it.
            MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...