X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • livingtechnology
    • Aug 2014

Involar Micro Inverter MAC250(Grid Tie)

Hello everyone,
    I am just completing my grid tie project and I just bought a microinverter from involar, I would like to share some information about it .

The first thing i notice is it's weight (it's quite heavy) even with an aluminium body.

It has two mc4 connecter for the solar panel and two more connectors , one can be used to connect to the grid the other connects to the next microinverter, because you can connect up to 16 microinverters in series.

The good thing about it is it's warranty it can be extended to 25 years, but in the involar site the standard warranty is 15 years.
    Before o bought this microinverter the seller told me they had such a long warranty because the components inside are isolated from the air by a special foam/rubber that protects the components from the dust,water and air.This foam/rubber also has heat transfer properties, meaning it will help to dissipate heat from the components to the chassis of the inverter.

I have made a small video about it I will be plugging it to my 245w solar panel .
    I will leave more feedback on this device.
    Last edited by livingtechnology; 08-08-2014, 06:30 PM.
  • inetdog
    Super Moderator
    • May 2012

Looks nice. Big problem for potential users in the US is that although it is "compliant" with UL standards, it is not actually UL listed.
    Maybe later?
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• russ
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jul 2009

Not to mention a new and unknown company? The warranty is cute but the company has to be around to support it.

New is not the best thing normally.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• livingtechnology
        • Aug 2014

Maybe with it will be listed .
        I know some companies sell this inverter with their how label.
        Maybe you already have it but with a different name.

You are right , thats one of the main problems with new companies producing microinverters it's too early to know their real life MTBF(Mean time between Failers)
        I know involar existes since 2010 at least , its still a very young company.
        Last edited by russ; 08-08-2014, 02:57 AM. Reason: removed link

Comment

• daviderojas
          • Aug 2014

Greetings from Ecuador

Hi all, Greetings from Guayaquil Ecuador, first time here and I'm starting as a installer for grid tie solar systems, still learning yet but I really like solar energy.

I'm using involar microinverters too, I have tested it since few months ago and I'm using involar due accord I readed, only this brand offer a 110V 60Hz option, but I would like to know if anybody can tell me if you know another brand what sell 110v microinverters?.

Anybody has tested the gateway of involar (egate or elog) for check solar panel system performance?

thanks in advance
          David

Comment

• daviderojas
            • Aug 2014

Hi again.. any comments ? greetings

Comment

• inetdog
              Super Moderator
              • May 2012

Originally posted by daviderojas
              Hi again.. any comments ? greetings
              Hello David!
              No replies over the course of a full year. My but you are patient to keep watching. I suspect that none of our members has any experience with the Involar brand, but now that the thread is "new" again some may take a fresh look at it.
              Best of luck.
              SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...