X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LouieA
    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by thejq
    Looks good. So what invertor did you get?
    Hey JQ,

I live in San Marcos -- Would you please PM me who you used to install your system?

Thanks,

LouieA

Comment

• timmybgood07
      • Mar 2015

Hey darkhelmet. Can you please PM me your contact from SunRun. Hopefully I can get them to give me a price in the lower $3's. Thanks in advanced.

Comment

• buellwinkle
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by timmybgood07
        Hey darkhelmet. Can you please PM me your contact from SunRun. Hopefully I can get them to give me a price in the lower $3's. Thanks in advanced.
        They seem to work territories and I was not able to get a price in the 3's at all from SunRun, even after mentioning the deals mentioned here.

Comment

• crapz1
          • Apr 2015

Company in SoCal

Hi all,

New to this forum but I've been reading and researching for a system for my home on and off for the past year. I've got a couple of bids from companies that I've randomly reached out to. Right now I have a bid for an 6.3kW LG/SE system that's coming in around $3.5/watt. Not sure if it's okay mentioning but its with LASolar. I'd appreciate if anyone could PM me some contact info of some reputable companies in the OC area, specifically Irvine.

TIA.

Comment

• Solarfordummy
            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by thejq
            $3.25/W on a 5.4 KW system sounds roughly right. But I think the installer maybe cutting corners by offering M215 which works well with panel less than 250W. Not sure about the Suniva brand though. I'm about to sign a contract for a 4.8 KW system in San Diego using LG 300N1Cs + SolarEdge optimizer. From my experience, for $3.3-$3.4/W, you can get SolarWorld W275 + Enphase M250 (or SolarEdge optimizer). At $3.4-3.5/W, you can get the LG panels. Interestingly I too started with Enphase but slowly changed my mind to SolarEdge which is optimizer + string because of what I read here. I also bought a Prius Plugin exactly 2 month ago (during their -$4K+0% APR sale) from Autonation Irvine (don't tell me you got yours from there too). My electric bill went up $70 in a month which is why I've decided to install solar in the first place. I have some local installers' names but not sure if they will go up to OC. Let me know if you want them.
            Hi,
            Would you the PM me the installers infor? Thanks.

Comment

• Solarfordummy
              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by darkhelmet
              I ended up going with Advanced Improvements in Anaheim, CA. They ended up matching the SunRun price of $3.15 per kw and were willing to put in writing that they cover labor to replace failed inverters/panels. I basically gave up about $400 in Costco cash to get a better warranty. Hopefully they will be around in 5-10 years should I need warranty work done....
              Hi,
              Are you happy with Advanced Improvements?
              I'm consider using them too, but they said the waiting is 2 months long. Is it worth the wait? Thanks.

Comment

Working...