X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elhifnawyplast
    • Jan 2013

chinese power inverters

Are chinese power inverters reliable to use,as i am going to by a 2.5kw off grid inverter and 260w grid tie micro inverter from aliexpress( manufactured by reliable ), i can see a great difference in prices,is the difference in quality worth that value,have anybody used them ?,if yes what brands.
    Thanks in advance
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

aliexpress
    never heard of them.

There are 3 types of Chinese electronics mfgs.

1) 1st tier, under direct supervision of major companies, that sell product world wide with warranties and quality control.

2) 1st tier company culls the duds at midnight, slaps a different label on it, and sells it under a different name. Or they run the plant an extra couple hours a night, and re-badge that lot. Good Luck.

3) Somebody's brother has a friend that worked in a plant, and they spray paint parts to be the right color, and put a label on it. Such a deal.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• elhifnawyplast
      • Jan 2013

Samil Power

what about this chinese brand ( Samil Power ) is it good,did any body try it

Comment

• russ
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by elhifnawyplast
        what about this chinese brand ( Samil Power ) is it good,did any body try it
        It is a no name product and I would consider it junk as it and the company have no track record.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Wy_White_Wolf
          Solar Fanatic
          • Oct 2011

Are chinese power inverters reliable to use,as i am going to by a 2.5kw off grid inverter and 260w grid tie micro inverter from aliexpress( manufactured by reliable ), i can see a great difference in prices,is the difference in quality worth that value,have anybody used them ?,if yes what brands.
          Thanks in advance
          No UL listing on the micro inverter and a 1 year guarantee. JUNK

the off-grid one is typical truckstop junk.

Comment

• billvon
            Solar Fanatic
            • Mar 2012

Are chinese power inverters reliable to use,as i am going to by a 2.5kw off grid inverter and 260w grid tie micro inverter from aliexpress
            You are going with a 2.5kW string grid tie inverter AND microinverters? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

In general no-name Chinese inverters will not give you reliable performance. If you want to get one to run some experiments and learn about solar power, great; if they break, no big loss. But if you are actually intending to generate power for years from a large solar array - go with a name brand with a history of supporting their products, a set of good reviews and a good warranty.

Comment

• elhifnawyplast
              • Jan 2013

You are going with a 2.5kW string grid tie inverter AND microinverters? That doesn't make a lot of sense.
              I need to demonstrate the difference between the two systems of off grid & on grid without having to pay much

Comment

• Shockah
                Solar Fanatic
                • Nov 2013

I need to demonstrate the difference between the two systems of off grid & on grid without having to pay much
                string grid tie inverter AND microinverter are both for On-Grid use.

You DO NOT need an inverter to be Off-Grid.

There, difference demonstrated.
                Save your money.
                [CENTER]SunLight @ Night[/CENTER]

Comment

• elhifnawyplast
                  • Jan 2013

In general no-name Chinese inverters will not give you reliable performance. If you want to get one to run some experiments and learn about solar power, great; if they break, no big loss.
                  I expect it to work for about six to 1 year If it breaks no problem ,but its a problem if break some home appliance

Comment

• elhifnawyplast
                    • Jan 2013

You DO NOT need an inverter to be Off-Grid.
                    You must have an inverter to be off grid

Comment

• Shockah
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Nov 2013

Not an absolute like on-grid...
                      You absolutely need an inverter to convert PV DC power to AC grid.
                      You do not need an inverter to power DC devices with DC panels... you only need an inverter if powering AC devices.

But you seem convinced you are taking the right path...
                      Keep us updated on how those Chinese inverters worked out for you.

Comment

• elhifnawyplast
                        • Jan 2013

But you seem convinced you are taking the right path...
                        No i am not convinced yet,as i do not know the consequences on the home appliances,but if i decide to give it a go i will give a feed back

Comment

• Mike90250
                          • May 2009

There are many 12 & 24V DC appliances. But the wiring is not always efficient.
                          Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Shockah
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Nov 2013

Thanks in advance
                            No i am not convinced yet,as i do not know the consequences on the home appliances,but if i decide to give it a go i will give a feed back
                            Originally posted by Mike90250
                            There are many 12 & 24V DC appliances. But the wiring is not always efficient.
                            He is planning on using a 2500w Chinese inverter to power home appliances...
                            Don't encourage him, Mike... lol.

Comment

• elhifnawyplast
                              • Jan 2013

He is planning on using a 2500w Chinese inverter to power home appliances...
                              Don't encourage him, Mike... lol.
                              I am from Egypt,we are having an electrical crisis these day,as the electricity in demand is more than supplied by the grid,and i am looking for a some kind of safe solution.
                              I would like to do some demonstration on my own privet home with some chinese inverter as i can see this days that everything is made in china,i do not expect that the chinese inverter is going to last as big bright brands,if they proof them self well fin,if not they have helped me to turn the focus for an alternative clean source of power.
                              My fear from this inverters is the irregular voltage or power.
                              And thanks for all the replies.

Comment

Working...