Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • t5800512
    Solar Fanatic
    • May 2013

I have LG 280 watt panels paired with the M215 Enphase microinverters. It is working out perfectly so far. I have seen spikes that hit 255 watts, but have not seen any clipping this summer. My is 165, azimuth, 15 degrees east of true south. I have the pitch of my panels set to what PVWatts suggests for best yearly output.

I've been told that I will see clipping on cool spring days. I'm not so sure since PVWatts does not show that, and it has been right on the money so far. I actually wouldn't mind some clipping. I think the real power is in a wider bell curve, not the top of the spikes. Time will tell, but for now I'm very happy with how it is working out.

Other considerations:
    The LG panels seem to produce higher than their rated power. Darn! I started with a .801 derivation factor for my original calculations. I'm now using .83 percent, and it looks like I'm going to bump it up again as Enlighten shows me being at 120 percent of planned output.

Also, the M215 inverters seem to have no trouble producing 225 watts in some very hot conditions. I don't understand why they are rated at 215 watts.

Comment

• silversaver
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jul 2013

M215 is peak at 225W output with 215W continue output.

My installer just notifly me that they have the M250 in stock now. I am pairing with LG290 (same price as LG280). I'm getting my quotation next week and lets see what happen. Hopefully the deal is good this time so I can pull the trigger. I think they are perfect match since I want less panels on the roof with micro inverters. I think LG's new panel were much lighter weight compare with other makes alone with Enphase's 25 years warranty were great for consumers.

Comment

• t5800512
        Solar Fanatic
        • May 2013

That will make a really nice system. And you are correct, the LG panels are very light weight. The 290 watt panels would be to much for the M215 inverters.

I'm curious to know the prices you get on the M250's and LG290's. I think I paid $125 for the M215 inverters, and $325 for the LG280's. I think it is great how the prices keep dropping. I can imagine they will really drop at the end of summer.

Comment

• silversaver
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by t5800512
          That will make a really nice system. And you are correct, the LG panels are very light weight. The 290 watt panels would be to much for the M215 inverters.

I'm curious to know the prices you get on the M250's and LG290's. I think I paid $125 for the M215 inverters, and $325 for the LG280's. I think it is great how the prices keep dropping. I can imagine they will really drop at the end of summer.
          I'm not buying the parts from wholeseller, I'm actually getting quotation from a wholeseller that will also take care the installation + permit. I think your price were really really good for the parts. I have not see any online retailer offer that kind of price as you listed.

Comment

• t5800512
            Solar Fanatic
            • May 2013

If you shop around, you can get even better prices now. I understand the M215 inverters are about $99 now, and that LG 290 panels are about what I paid for the 280 panels.

Comment

• treepublican
              • Sep 2013

Really?! Where can I find M215s for $99?

Comment

• t5800512
                Solar Fanatic
                • May 2013

Someone on the forum told me he has seen the M215 on sale for that. Since then, I have had several people ask me where. So I went looking and was unable to find it. So, where ever the sale was, it must have ended.

I will should not put the price on the forum with out verifying it first. I apologize for the confusion.

Comment

• treepublican
                  • Sep 2013

Originally posted by t5800512
                  Someone on the forum told me he has seen the M215 on sale for that. Since then, I have had several people ask me where. So I went looking and was unable to find it. So, where ever the sale was, it must have ended.

I will should not put the price on the forum with out verifying it first. I apologize for the confusion.
                  No worries I'm a distributor and $115 is about the best I can do. they must've had a temporary sale with the M215s as a loss-leader.

Comment

• Naptown
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Feb 2011

Actually they were the 190's
                    at that price
                    NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

[URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

[URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

[URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

Comment

Working...