X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jason
    Administrator
    • Dec 2008

US Solar Manufacturers Taking Strides in China

American solar manufacturing giants, First Solar and SunPower, announced on Monday that they will be bringing their technologies to China. While these companies are leaders in the US market, they will have to overcome obstacles to succeed in the expanding Chinese market. Forbes claims that it is difficult for non-Chinese solar manufacturers to make it in China because "the country already has an ample supply of home-grown ones." However, there is some chance for success. The majority of Chinese manufacturers use silicon, but the Chinese are interesting in developing other forms of solar technologies, making First Solar and SunPower attractive partners.

More...
  • Sunking
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2010

That is some really funny PR Jason. FSLR on paper is a US company, but all manufacturing is in Germany and is going bust. FSLR peaked on May 29 @ $311. Today $29 or a 93% loss.

SPWR is really good. On 12-24-2008 they peaked at $131, today $4.60 or a 96% loss.

Jason I hope you are not invested heavily in the Solar biz. If you are time to change directions my friend. Sell out and get out before it is worth nothing.

Now if you want to Gamble on RE NEE is worth looking at. I bought them 2 years ago and looking to get out now. I bought Dec 2010 @ $51 and today is $69. It will collapse around Xmas, but should get you 3% in a week or two. Of course the problem is Obama will kill you in 2013 with CAP GAINS. Obama hates people who are smart and make money. I will sell out before XMAS and avoid Cap Gains Tax before it collapses. With 1 year term I only pay 15% cap gains. Come Jan 1 43%.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

• Ian S
      Solar Fanatic
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Sunking
      With 1 year term I only pay 15% cap gains. Come Jan 1 43%.
      If that's what your accountant told you, you need a new one LOL!

Comment

• Sunking
        Solar Fanatic
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Ian S
        If that's what your accountant told you, you need a new one LOL!
        Not if Obama gets his way. On top of the 35% he wants to raise it to no matter what in Obamacare another 8% is tacked on top of the cap gains. You had better find you a good accountant. LOL
        MSEE, PE

Comment

• bonaire
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jul 2012

Looks like 15% cap gains held for some of us after the cliff deal turned into a wet noodle.

Next stop - March when cans will be heard kicked down the road a bit more. Getting hard to hear them cans anymore they're so far down the road.
          PowerOne 3.6 x 2, 32 SolarWorld 255W mono

Comment

Working...