replied
    Originally posted by Bikerscum View Post
    Done
    Thanks Bikerscum!

Leave a comment:

• azdave
    replied
    Originally posted by bcroe View Post
    Seems like, the ground mount & roof mount systems should be separated here.
    I mentioned a cement tile roof install in my specs earlier. I always assume (maybe erroneously) that all installs mentioned here are all typical roof mounts (with no upcharges in that region) unless called out otherwise by the person reporting the specs.

My installer offered the same price for standard asphalt shingles as they did for cement tile. Not sure if that difference is an upcharge in other areas but tile roofs are very common here so they probably just hide the install cost differences in the overall price so buyers don't see a bunch of add-ons that might kill the deal. I considered adding a stand-alone patio structure to get more shade along with solar but the cost was significantly more than I expected so I put the panels on the roof.

Leave a comment:

• bcroe
    replied
    Cost

I paid $3.05 per panel watt for a "turnkey" ground mount system. Pretty good for something
    involving 48 concrete pillars, I thought. No standard racking, it was all standard aluminum cut
    and drilled. However I supplied the AC feed wiring, and a huge number of stainless steel bolts.
    The aluminum supplier had only drilled half the required 1300 holes, so I dragged the 3/4 ton
    of AL to my shop and drilled the rest. Taking advantage of the situation, the holes for the
    12 mounts were EACH custom adjusted to compensate for the inaccuracy of the concrete, up
    to an inch. Then I put all the aluminum up so that the customized pieces couldn't get mixed
    up. I did plenty of detailed extras like AC outlets, cable management hardware, and stuff to
    bug proof seal the electrical boxes. Bruce Roe

Leave a comment:

• russ
    replied
    Originally posted by foo1bar View Post
    roof mount requires the brackets/flashing to connect to the roof, but maintain weatherproofness of the roof.

quickmountPV e-mount are ~$12 each.
    Mounts for clay tile roofs are more I think.

I'm thinking concrete and steel might be the cheaper option. Or at least they would be pretty close.
    Ask Mike 90250 (another moderator) he has done it. The concrete involved is not a small thing.

Leave a comment:

• Bikerscum
    replied
    Originally posted by veerrao View Post
    Can you please PM the company/installer

Veer
    Done

Leave a comment:

• foo1bar
    replied
    Originally posted by bcroe View Post
    The ground mount involves a lot of dirt removal, concrete, and bracing not needed
    for roof mount, gaining some advantages in the process. But then there may be
    costs for roof mount I'm not appreciating. Bruce Roe
    roof mount requires the brackets/flashing to connect to the roof, but maintain weatherproofness of the roof.

quickmountPV e-mount are ~$12 each.
    Mounts for clay tile roofs are more I think.

I'm thinking concrete and steel might be the cheaper option. Or at least they would be pretty close.

Leave a comment:

• veerrao
    replied
    Originally posted by Bikerscum View Post
    SF Bay area.... I signed the contract for 6kw of Solarworld 270 mono black with Solaredge optimizers & inverter... $3.55/w.

Had to change panels due to setback rules, ended up with 20 LG300's & Solaredge.... $4.00/w

Installed, inspected, waiting for POCO letter.
    Can you please PM the company/installer

Veer

Leave a comment:

• azdave
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben25 View Post
    I just installed a 10.92kw system on my house for $1.55/w before incentives. $.86/w after. Winaico 260 panels and Solaredge inverter with optimizers. I'm in south burlington VT. I'm a solar installer too, so got everything at cost and hired my helper on a weekend to help me out.
    You're skewing the results when you buy at contractor prices and install it yourself.

Leave a comment:

• bcroe
    replied
    Mount

The ground mount involves a lot of dirt removal, concrete, and bracing not needed
    for roof mount, gaining some advantages in the process. But then there may be
    costs for roof mount I'm not appreciating. Bruce Roe

Leave a comment:

• Bikerscum
    replied
    SF Bay area.... I signed the contract for 6kw of Solarworld 270 mono black with Solaredge optimizers & inverter... $3.55/w.

Had to change panels due to setback rules, ended up with 20 LG300's & Solaredge.... $4.00/w

Installed, inspected, waiting for POCO letter.

Leave a comment:

• Ben25
    replied
    I just installed a 10.92kw system on my house for $1.55/w before incentives. $.86/w after. Winaico 260 panels and Solaredge inverter with optimizers. I'm in south burlington VT. I'm a solar installer too, so got everything at cost and hired my helper on a weekend to help me out.

Leave a comment:

• dat
    replied
    Originally posted by veerrao View Post
    Hi Dat,

Can you PM the contractor details, since I don't have 10 mesg posted yet, I don't have the privileges to post private mesg. I live in Bay area, CA.
    Best,
    Veer
    PM sent.

Leave a comment:

• veerrao
    replied
    Originally posted by dat View Post
    Finally signed the contract today. $24100 for 7.14kW = $3.38/watt for 28 Canadian Solar CS6P-255P panels, Enphase M215 micro inverters, and Enlighten Envoy monitor in San Jose, CA.
    I also upgrade main service panel from 100A to 200A for $2500 plus a new circuit with two new outside outlets for $300. Total is $26900.00 before incentive. The contractor has over 35 reviews with all 5 star at Solar reviews.
    Hi Dat,

Can you PM the contractor details, since I don't have 10 mesg posted yet, I don't have the privileges to post private mesg. I live in Bay area, CA.
    Best,
    Veer

Leave a comment:

• veerrao
    replied
    Originally posted by markrogo View Post
    I had a neighbor here in Northern California get $3.40/watt -- relatively rare up here, though not unheard of. He put in about 10KW worth of panels.

Hi Markrogo,

Can you please share your neighbor's contractor details via PM, I can't PM you since I am new to the forum and don't have 10 posts yet.
    I am in BayArea, CA.

Best,
    Veer

Leave a comment:

• markrogo
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl_NH View Post
    Yes - that is a great price! It appears the costs are lower in west and sunny regions. I can only assume that this is due to 1) higher volume and more installations, 2) consistent year around installations and more local installers mean more competitive pricing.

The colder climates most installers can work maybe 9 months on average unless they do ground based systems or larger commercial installations.

Pricing does drop a lot though above 7KW it appears - as installation of a few more panels doesn't cost that much more.
    I had a neighbor here in Northern California get $3.40/watt -- relatively rare up here, though not unheard of. He put in about 10KW worth of panels.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X