Sunpower 26 - 327W Panels $40,069 = $4.71

Leave a comment:

• solarjmp
    replied
    Kyocera 36 - 260W panels $35,257 = $3.77

Leave a comment:

• solarjmp
    replied
    I will post some of my individual quotes since I can't PM anyone back.

Leave a comment:

• solarjmp
    replied
    Originally posted by Alisobob
    6.5 Kw Solarworld MONO panels/ Enphase microinveter package
    Lifetime Envoy Monitoring
    Roof repapered under all panel areas, 25 year leak warranty
    8 ga. wire runs to panel, all attic run
    Some roof vents relocated
    Orange County Ca

$3.44 per watt, before tax credit

Alisobob - I can't respond to PM cause of my number of posts yet, but I am in Corona CA.

Leave a comment:

• Browndog
    replied
    Originally posted by J.P.M.
    I'd bet $3.14/ nameplate Watt is probably cost effective by most criteria given the sweat equity (assuming "I did the install" to mean you did the install yourself) as tuition for the knowledge gained, not to mention the fun - especially given that it'll probably have annual production about the same as most any other system using decent equipment, including S.P.
    I'm from Las Vegas NV and when I said "I did the install" what I should have said was, when I had it installed. I didn't do anything but write checks. 😎

Solar Universe was my contractor, I have been very happy with them to this point. My system has been in service about 2 months now.

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by Browndog
    I have 33 solarworld 280 mono modules, with APS micro inverters 9.24 DC, 8.08 AC
    Before incentives I am at $28290 installed on a roof with concrete shingles.$3.14 DC, $3.59 AC
    With the 30 persent federal credit I should be at $20,200. 2.19 DC, $2.50 AC

I did the install with the idea I would own this home forever, I'm looking at retirement in 5-7 years, so hopefully this is a good investment. If nothing else it has been fun. 
    I'd bet $3.14/ nameplate Watt is probably cost effective by most criteria given the sweat equity (assuming "I did the install" to mean you did the install yourself) as tuition for the knowledge gained, not to mention the fun - especially given that it'll probably have annual production about the same as most any other system using decent equipment, including S.P.

Leave a comment:

• dat
    replied
    Where are you from?

Leave a comment:

• Browndog
    replied
    I have 33 solarworld 280 mono modules, with APS micro inverters 9.24 DC, 8.08 AC
    Before incentives I am at $28290 installed on a roof with concrete shingles.$3.14 DC, $3.59 AC
    With the 30 persent federal credit I should be at $20,200. 2.19 DC, $2.50 AC

I did the install with the idea I would own this home forever, I'm looking at retirement in 5-7 years, so hopefully this is a good investment. If nothing else it has been fun. 😎

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by Artie
    $3.86. 15 sunpower x21/345 with solaredge 6000 with power optimizers.
    Is that before or after fed./local tax credits and other price reductions like employee discounts etc. such as they may be available ?

Folks usually report full retail price and system size in nameplate (D.C.) Watts. It seems to help avoid confusion. If you paid $3.86 before tax credits/rebates for S.P. 345's, you're going to get more than a few P.M.'s.

If after fed. tax credit, $3.86/.7 = $5.51/Watt and more like the usual Sunpower scourge.

Was that price after the $21,000 for 15 - 345's ~= $4.06/Watt as you reported a couple of months ago ? Are you a S.P. dealer/installer ?

Leave a comment:

• markrogo
    replied
    Originally posted by Artie
    Location on that Artie?

Leave a comment:

• Artie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• solarjmp
    replied
    Appreciate Everyone Sharing

New to the forums, I appreciate everyone sharing, would those of you in socal area that have gotten below $3.50 price quotes PM me company info. I have been getting quotes around $4.00. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or calling too busy of companies. I've gotten four quotes now and only one below $4.00 at $3.76. They aren't pressuring to sign like some posters have experienced and they just look give me their quotes and say that is the price. I have been calling highly rated companies, looking at a large system with plenty of roofspace and no shade issues, one story home, everyone says house is perfect for solar and straight forward install. Thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• russ
    replied
    In Oregon, where I grew up, the farmers on the big irrigation projects paid for water according to how the project did economically for the year. After harvest the water man would visit each farmer and take their report on how the crops did - yield per acre.

Many of the guys lied about how they did as they didn't want their neighbors to think they were dunces. Consequently they over paid.

Self reporting I have zero faith in.

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by dat
    Can we have a thread about people post how much they pay for their system $/watt, what is their configuration, and where they are from?
    Sounds good on paper, but (for starters) I can see a problem with verification of the data. That was one of the big advantages (of many) of the CSI database - now gone.

Leave a comment:

Working...