Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaxThisPower
    • Jul 2016

How would you string this layout?

I have 20 385w panel with SolarEdge SE7600H and P400. I'm using SolarEdge website to determine how to string the panels. It has an auto string feature and this is how it came up with. Is this is good way to string the panels?

Also how would I connect the 4th and 5th panels on two roofs as far the connector? I'm guessing I would need to get two MC4 PV extension wires and cut the extra length and use a MC4 crimper for the ends. Is that right?

strings.PNG
    Last edited by MaxThisPower; 01-13-2021, 04:29 PM.
  • bob-n
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2019

If possible, you want all panels in one string to have the same orientation. It's hard to tell from the drawing, but are your two roofs facing the same way at the same angle? If not, then the split string might be sub-optimal.

As for connecting across two roofs, yes, you need HV wire with MC4 connectors. You can buy wire and connectors separately and make your own cables. It is probably easier to put a junction box on each roof and use the boxes for connections. One approach is to put a DIN rail splice block in the junction box. Another is to use well-installed wirenuts. Some will say that it is easier to wire a splice block correctly.

I'm not recommending this or any other product, but here is an example of a DIN rail screw terminal block. There are many others on the market.

As for the junction box, it could be a simple plastic box from HomeDepot or a device specifically sold for solar like Soladeck.
    7kW Roof PV, APsystems QS1 micros, Nissan Leaf EV

Comment

Working...