Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pure sinewave inverter motherboard control board/fet issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for part 2 of the modification can someone show me where to connect the 15v tvs diodes to the bottom of my circuit board. I am kinda confuse. i bought 10 of them online as i dont quite sure where each of them should go and how much to use. my board uses 8 fets. i uploaded a photo below with the bottom of the board. i would love to get a diagram showing exactly where each diode should go on my board.
    please explain in details how to do it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fabieville View Post
      for part 2 of the modification can someone show me where to connect the 15v tvs diodes to the bottom of my circuit board. I am kinda confuse. i bought 10 of them online as i dont quite sure where each of them should go and how much to use. my board uses 8 fets. i uploaded a photo below with the bottom of the board. i would love to get a diagram showing exactly where each diode should go on my board.
      please explain in details how to do it.

Not sure why you would bother with the TVS diodes when the inverter still won't operate. Your controller is egs002 which is common and you can google for the manual and schematic along with test procedures.. The 4 flashes means undervoltage which is consistent with your observation. So, your power board likely still has shorts. When you replace failed MOSFET's in parallel you should always replace all as even the ones not shorted out are likely damaged . Given your apparent limited understanding I would suggest you get a new power board and make sure you have a functional inverter without errors first before adding additional protection like TVS diodes. The power board appears to have a Vgs a pulldown resistor every 2 MOSFET's so you can put a TVS diode in parallel to each Vgs pulldown resistor.

Comment

It is working. I change the fets and control board and its now working perfectly.
        So basically i need to install a total of 4 in all?

On the bottom of the board i notice that on each side of the board 2 mosfets source pin or connected and then on the same side of the board there are another 2 mosfets that shows that the 2 source pins are connected too.

So when installing the tvs diodes should i place the white line to connect to one set of the mosfets which means the white line would connected to both gates of the set of mosfets or just one gate of any one of them and then the black part connected to the source pin and i repeat this for the other section on the same side of the board which the other 2 mosfets source pins are connected as one?

If i am not sure how to do it, would placing one diode for each mosfet have any negative effect or cause any issues on the board?
        Last edited by fabieville; 11-26-2020, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fabieville View Post
          It is working. I change the fets and control board and its now working perfectly.
          So basically i need to install a total of 4 in all?

On the bottom of the board i notice that on each side of the board 2 mosfets source pin or connected and then on the same side of the board there are another 2 mosfets that shows that the 2 source pins are connected too.

So when installing the tvs diodes should i place the white line to connect to one set of the mosfets which means the white line would connected to both gates of the set of mosfets or just one gate of any one of them and then the black part connected to the source pin and i repeat this for the other section on the same side of the board which the other 2 mosfets source pins are connected as one?

If i am not sure how to do it, would placing one diode for each mosfet have any negative effect or cause any issues on the board?
          There should be no issue with one diode per mosfet. It may be marginally better. If it's easier for you to understand then you can just solder one diode to each mosfet (white line/cathode to gate pin and anode to source pin).

Comment

I did all the steps and it's working now. Thanks for the support.

Comment

The board is working ok but today i just discovered an issue.

My transformer is by default a 220vac split phase one with 110vac on each hot leg but i abandon one of the hot legs and was just using one side which is just 110vac i was using up til today i decide to use the 220vac which is the 2 hot legs. When i went ahead an test the 2 hot legs i am only now getting 110vac and when i test the neutral and one of the hot i am getting basically 60vac on each leg.

So in essence the transfomer as now decrease to 110vac split phase instead of 220vac split phase.

It is strange because i have a little meter that comes with the control board and it is connected to the 7 pin slot on the control board and it is showing 220vac at 60hz. Is it because i change the frequency from 50hz to 60hz make i am only getting 110vac from the 2 hot legs?

What could have cause this to happen? is it because of the modification i did on the board and on the control board or is it because of when i was buying the board i chose the option that ask about output voltage and i chose 110vac for the output even thou my transformer is rated for 220vac output? So probably the board came in output 110vac by default even thou the transformer is 220vac split phase it just ignore that and still produce just 110vac on each hot base upon some configuration on the board.

When i test the primary stage/transformer input wires that goes to the board i am getting 8.6vac going to the board, shouldn't it be about 12-14vac going to the board? when i test the battery - with anyone of the transformer input wires i am getting 12.6vdc which is half of my battery voltage. I am confused guys.

how can i remedy this issue?

the board is working quite fine still because i am getting a well regulated 120vac on the output even under high 1KW+ wattage.
              is just that i would need back the 220vac capability that the transformer originally had.
              Last edited by fabieville; 12-28-2020, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X