Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juanj5678
    • Nov 2019

Some good news

I certainly hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.

Still a newbie to the whole solar thing but still super happy with the production of my 11.47 kWh system.

Some good news to share with stats so far for 2020.

So far the highest one day production has been on:

6-16-2020
    Production 69.25 kWh

The month with the most days of 60 kWh and over:

May = 12 days

The month with the most consecutive days of 60 kWh:

5/1/2020 = 67.11
    5/2/2020 = 65.97
    5/3/2020 = 65.17
    5/4/2020 = 64.48
    5/5/2020 = 62.44

We are in our raining season AKA Hurricane Season, so gorgeous sunny days are not happening all the time. Since I'm tracking daily production its interesting to see how the weather impacts the daily solar production. Cloudy days, partly cloudy days and days when it rains late in the afternoon all impact the days production.

Overall overages for the last 3 months:

May - 722 kWh
    June - 606 kWh
    July - 393 kWh

The day with the lowest production in 2020 so far has been:

4/24/2020 = 5.10 kWh

On another note:

Duke Energy is refunding a portion of my deposit. $170. For the last 7 months my bill is staying steady at $11.99. I called DE, asked can the deposit remain on the account and just be used as credit towards future bills. The answer was yes. I made that decision because I don't foresee any increases of our usage at home. $170 divided by $12 gives me about 14 months. That sounds pretty kool to me!

Being at home and working from home, has has fluctuated our usage but not to a large degree.

The PV system is keeping up with our current usage and is producing overages that carry over from month to month. Sometime in February of 2021 Duke Energy will refund me for the accumulated overages. It will interesting to see what the system produces in the last quarter of the year. But then that's another post
  • azdave
    • Oct 2014

Excellent!

I wouldn't know what to do with all the kWh you generate. Could heat my pool in the winter I guess. I'm happy with our modest 6.6kWh system in Phoenix and the break even point was just reached so now I'm really happy to see all those NET Billable zero's on my account. We average about $10 a month to be connected to the grid after they credit our excess production at wholesale rates each May.

SRPbillApril2020.pdf - Google Chrome 872020 93455 AM.bmp.jpg

Attached Files
    Dave W. Gilbert AZ
    6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

Working...