Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are CARE Discounts removed with Solar? (SCE in SoCal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are CARE Discounts removed with Solar? (SCE in SoCal)

Hi... My two sons (one with diabetes) live at home and both are on MediCal. Hence, we receive an electricity discount from SCE each month. I personally could receive the same discount if I were older and on MediCare, which I'm not yet. I'm wondering if discounts disappear once solar panels are installed?

Thanks

Originally posted by JWB View Post
    Hi... My two sons (one with diabetes) live at home and both are on MediCal. Hence, we receive an electricity discount from SCE each month. I personally could receive the same discount if I were older and on MediCare, which I'm not yet. I'm wondering if discounts disappear once solar panels are installed?

Thanks
    What did SCE say when you enquired with them ? If you have not contacted them, I'd suggest that's the place to get the most accurate answer to your question.

Comment

But do post back here, to share and give back!

Comment

They couldn't give me a answer. One "assumed" they'd stay in place but didn't know for sure. I'm finding that the reps are not very knowledgeable when it comes to something outside their own product.

Comment

They couldn't give me a answer. One "assumed" they'd stay in place but didn't know for sure. I'm finding that the reps are not very knowledgeable when it comes to something outside their own product.
          I've found some of the same with SDG & E reps. Some phone help folks are more knowledgeable than others. It can be frustrating. Been there. Done that. A lot. I empathize with you. in this situation.

In such situations I've almost always had success at finding answers to my questions by using persistence. And professionalism. Get the name of the person you're speaking with at the beginning of the conversation and even though you're on the phone, smile as you speak.
          If you don't understand what you're told, say so. Ignorance and/or confusion are not moral failings.
          If, after your best and most professional effort you still don't understand what you're told, thank the person you're speaking with (whose name you now have BTW), say you still don't understand and ask to be transferred to either their supervisor or someone who can answer your question in a way you can understand. When you get that next person, start by getting their name and repeat the process.

Iterate until you get an answer to your question(s) you can understand.

The outfit invoking the rules, either theirs or their interpretation of some legislation - in this case that outfit being SCE - is the best source of answers to questions about interpretation and policy pertaining to their policy and rules. Anything else, except the CA PUC or the legal system is, in effect, hearsay and/or opinion and doesn't matter much in any sense more than anecdotal except maybe to point you in a direction that may help or may be a waste of time. That includes sources such as forums like this. Go to the source.

IMO and based on my experience with more than a couple of POCOs only - but not SCE - SCE didn't give you an answer because you haven't been persistent enough - yet. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Good luck.

Comment

Finally got a rep who knew the facts. Discounts still remain.

Comment

Finally got a rep who knew the facts. Discounts still remain.
              Good information. Thank you for the update. Nothing can replace persistence.

Comment

Working...
              X