New construction / new install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New construction / new install

Just a quick picture -- 28 panel install on detached garage / workshop (panels are over the workshop).

I'm happy with the nice clean look.

Not activated yet -- still need to finish the house electrical (wires run, but no outlets / switches / breakers installed yet).

IMG_2298.JPEG
    8.6 kWp roof (SE 7600 and 28 panels)

Looks nice/
    Can you get electrical connected before your Certificate of Occupancy or final building inspection?
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

I'm not sure. It's a "to be investigated". I'm hopefully about 8 weeks from occupancy -- trying hard to get in before Christmas. Target was late October, then Thanksgiving.

Stucco color coat next week, then the portions of the roof unfinished (so their not breaking concrete tiles) get finished. Lot's of inside tile work to be done (3750 sq ft all tile).

I'm on temporary power right now (regular meter to a single outlet). This is considered commercial service. I think once I switch off of commercial service to "regular" service, I can get activation on the solar. Solar company is investigating it -- contract calls for payment when commissioned, so they have motivation.

Moving into a fifth wheel trailer (two people and 4 big dogs, on property, but 500 feet from house) in nine days as my current house closes escrow then -- this has finally lit a bit more fire under the GC.

Comment

I forgot to add that it's nice and clean up on the roof as the mounts went in before the roof, and all conduit put in before drywall.

Comment

Charlie: How far from the airport again ? Looks like you're on a (sort of) south facing slope ? Who's the county inspector ? FWIW (?), I might know him. Being about 3-4 miles south of and a fair amount higher elevation with a clear view to the north to Big Bear, I've been looking and wondering where you're located and how it's going.

Comment

I'll be there all day tomorrow -- third weekend of DIY cabinet assembly / installation of non kitchen cabinets. Come on by Take Circle R to Spearhead Trail (follow jog to right and jog to left when you get to where you can't go straight. After jog to left should see house off in distance at top of hill. Keep going straight (don't take fork to the right). At top of hill just past my fifth wheel, have to go right. Continue to house going slow in two dips so you don't bottom out.

And I can't see the airstrip (hill in the way), but I'm a half mile due west. Note, you can't get to me via Old Castle as there's a fire access road with a locked gate.

We have lots of different inspectors. We've had Nagle, Brogan (now retired), Mccarthy, and Snyder.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieEscCA View Post
              I'll be there all day tomorrow -- third weekend of DIY cabinet assembly / installation of non kitchen cabinets. Come on by Take Circle R to Spearhead Trail (follow jog to right and jog to left when you get to where you can't go straight. After jog to left should see house off in distance at top of hill. Keep going straight (don't take fork to the right). At top of hill just past my fifth wheel, have to go right. Continue to house going slow in two dips so you don't bottom out.

And I can't see the airstrip (hill in the way), but I'm a half mile due west. Note, you can't get to me via Old Castle as there's a fire access road with a locked gate.

We have lots of different inspectors. We've had Nagle, Brogan (now retired), Mccarthy, and Snyder.
              Understood. I think. Circle R to Spearhead. Spearahead to east of Roadrunner Ridge ? Spearhead's a dirt road right ?

Thanks for the invite. As I look out my kitchen window, I now know why I can't see you: The E-W ridge elevation that the airstrip's N end sits on blocks my line of sight to your place.

I'll try to come by 10/20 but don't wait up for me. Lots going on including SWMBO chores. If I do show, I'll be brief and remember I'm on a working job site.

Nagle was the inspector on my kitchen gut/remodel. I've dealt w/ the other two on various HOA improvements I was the ARC rep. for. Tom Brogan was the inspector for my deck redo earlier this year. I didn't know he retired. Sneaky devil. Tom was OK to work with, quite timely and professional, kept his commitments, and kept me informed of his schedule/changes. He actually caught a screwup on the deck remodel that I had missed and did so while an easy fix was still possible. Always good to have more informed eyes on a project. As an aside, he seemed a bit surprised but not impressed when I showed him some design calcs. I did for the railings on my job showing, in effect, that most deck railings won't take the lateral loading(s) required by the county building code (mine do, but not by a whole lot). I suspect part of his unconcern might have had to do with the possibility that any such info might do little more than make his job more complicated if he paid any mind to it.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
              X