Direct Power and Virtual Net Metering Possible together?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ken9research
    • Oct 2019

Originally posted by J.P.M.

No, To use your word, I think old boys' network sucks.
    As for brainstorming, I'd guess there's a better than 50/50 chance I did more of it before you were born than you've done your entire live up to this point.

But I do enjoy spirited, honest discussions between individuals who aren't so thin skinned and unsure of themselves that they confuse honest opinions and perhaps difficult realities with attitude and rancor.

Enjoy stewing in your attitude.
    It's funny you accuse "attitude" in the same cacophony reply claiming age superiority and old boys club. And old boy like you got no clue how old I am. I'm not the one who started negativism here.

Comment

• Mike90250
      • May 2009

I could lead you down the yellow brick road and let you find the roadblock after you have spent months and engineering going down a blind alley. Solve the issues I presented and you WILL be on the way to a successful project. Ignore them if you want and think I'm being a meanie.

If I knew of the gear you are looking for, I'd tell you. So you are at least ahead of the game of thinking you can get something off the shelf and modify it, and THEN find out it's a no-no. Also from past experience, I know what happens when someone uses batteries they are not responsible for.

Best suggestion I have, is to use a Hybrid Inverter at each house, with it's own 2 day battery, run 550VDC to 600V charge controller at each battery, and run grid power to each house's inverter.

It's more equipment, but also more compartmentalized and one stuck transfer relay won't take the entire system down.

And i've always thought brainstorming was the first phase of kicking ideas around to get a working plan. Then you start engineering after talking out all the simple bugs.... yep more bugs as you go deeper into it. This won't pass code.. That monitor won't work with ver 3.49b firmware. You need 3.25" conduit not 3". .......
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Ken9research
        • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Mike90250
        I could lead you down the yellow brick road and let you find the roadblock after you have spent months and engineering going down a blind alley. Solve the issues I presented and you WILL be on the way to a successful project. Ignore them if you want and think I'm being a meanie.

If I knew of the gear you are looking for, I'd tell you. So you are at least ahead of the game of thinking you can get something off the shelf and modify it, and THEN find out it's a no-no. Also from past experience, I know what happens when someone uses batteries they are not responsible for.
        Yup. Keep digging in. What blind arrogance. Just as I had predicted. You think I disagree with you. Paints me as nice target. Torpedoes away!

Comment

• Mike90250
          • May 2009

Enjoy your microgrid Ken9. I'm done.
          Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Ken9research
            • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Mike90250
            Enjoy your microgrid Ken9. I'm done.
            Exactly. I'm done too. More torpedoes from others I'm sure.

Comment

• sdold
              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Ken9research
              ... I'm not the one who started negativism here.
              You actually did, up there in post #23. If you wish to remain here, please lose the attitude. Thanks.

Comment

• Ken9research
                • Oct 2019

Originally posted by sdold
                You actually did, up there in post #23. If you wish to remain here, please lose the attitude. Thanks.
                Nice quote. Keep attacking me like I'm a criminal. Kick me out because I got "attitude". Genius moderators.

Comment

• J.P.M.
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Aug 2013

Unsolicited opinion only: Looks to me like the OP has more problems that are deeper and are of a nature other than what can be effectively addressed on a public forum about alternate energy.

Comment

• Ken9research
                    • Oct 2019

Unsolicited opinion only: Looks to me like the OP has more problems that are deeper and are of a nature other than what can be effectively addressed on a public forum about alternate energy.
                    Nice general attack. This would be called "vague carpet bombing the entire country." No torpedoes needed.

Ya gotta love these fights where any joe blow can jump in and swing a few. Technical knowledge not needed! As if technical knowledge exists to being with.

Comment

• J.P.M.
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Ken9research

Nice general attack. This would be called "vague carpet bombing the entire country." No torpedoes needed.
                      I thought it was pretty surgical.

I'm with Mike and outa' this one too.

As you mused, maybe it is time to go squeeze your turnip. That'll be more productive than what this thread has degenerated into.

A.M.F.

Comment

• Ken9research
                        • Oct 2019

I thought it was pretty surgical.

I'm with Mike and outa' this one too.

As you mused, maybe it is time to go squeeze your turnip. That'll be more productive than what this thread has degenerated into.

A.M.F.
                        Genius surgeon! At least you now realize how your contribute to the degeneration. Or maybe not even.

Comment

• SunEagle
                          Super Moderator
                          • Oct 2012

This Thread has turned into a pissing match with the OP. I am sorry to say it is done.

Comment

• sdold
                            • Jun 2014

I gave him a week to cool down.

Comment

Working...