X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inverter Mfg Needed

All,

Attention Inverter Manufacturers!

I've designed my own regulator/controllers making my system modular and therefore upgradeable. Because inverters must be UL certified, I'm looking for an Inverter mfg that can meet my specs for my modular design.

What is needed is both a grid-sync & non-grid inverters that are 24 VDC (550-600 amps) input with 50 amp 220 vac output that I can tie into my system that is housed in a NEMA 4 or 5 enclosure and can handle the temps of -70 F to 250 F with minimal cooling, as NEMA boxes are airtight and weather proof. The units must have either card edge connectors or wire terminals that allow addition into existing enclosure wiring. My system handles up to 4 of these inverter units.

If you have these units or know where they are please let me know!

Thanks!

TBNK

PS: Sorry about the NEMA box typo!
    Last edited by TBotNik; 02-19-2019, 06:49 PM.

NEMA 1 is an indoor box that isn't airtight or weatherproof. You may want 3R or 4.

Comment

You are right, thinking NEMA 4 or 5 (which is also explosion proof). Will amend the post. I'm actually building the prototype in a NEMA 1 enclosure, my source of confusion. Thanks! Nyle

Comment

Prefer the NEMA 5, but will check price ponts as 4 will work!

Comment

I'm gearing up for 10,000 unit a month, so even a $ diff is huge!

Comment

Originally posted by TBotNik View Post
            I'm gearing up for 10,000 unit a month, so even a $ diff is huge!
            Wow, what is the market for that device? I see an emerging global market for storage devices like Tesla Powerwall, Sonnen Energie and LG Chem. Is that the niche you are going after?
            Last edited by Ampster; 02-20-2019, 08:19 AM.
            9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Ampster View Post

Wow, what is the market for that device? I see an emerging global market for storage devices like Tesla Powerwall, Sonnen Energie and LG Chem. Is that the niche you are going after?
              well OPs system is stuck at 24V DC so not going to with with powerwall, sonnen, or LG Chem.

Frankly not going to work with many since most will be at 48V though powerwall and LG Chem have their own and are in the 400V DC range.

OP could look to work with OutBack Power, Midnight solar, Schneider etc. but would have to get the system to work with 48V DC.
              OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

well OPs system is stuck at 24V DC so not going to with with powerwall, sonnen, or LG Chem.

Frankly not going to work with many since most will be at 48V though powerwall and LG Chem have their own and are in the 400V DC range.

OP could look to work with OutBack Power, Midnight solar, Schneider etc. but would have to get the system to work with 48V DC.
                I agree. I was wondering what market he was going after? The big boys I mentioned probably see sellingv10,000 units a month in the load shifting/shaving market globally. 24v will probably not be efficient enough in that market. As you mention, a 24v system is not going to be competitive in the off grid market either.

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for the comments, but already have a distribution network of 10,000 dealers and our beginning 5 panel system starts at just $5K installed, so really already know my market! Plus over 500 installs of 300 panel systems scheduled over the next 3 years.

Cheers!

TBNK

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for the comments, but already have a distribution network of 10,000 dealers and our beginning 5 panel system starts at just $5K installed, so really already know my market! Plus over 500 installs of 300 panel systems scheduled over the next 3 years.......
                    Yes, I never questioned that you knew your market. That is a nice broad niche from 5 panel systems to 300 panel systems. Do I understand that correctly? Your dealers could probably advise you better about trying to run 24 volt lnverters off 300 panel system.
                    Last edited by Ampster; 02-20-2019, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the trouble, contacting Alibaba, since no US companies interested!

Comment

PS, This site has major problems as every comment entered, goes to a blank page, which you then must click "BACK" to get back here and see your entry!

Comment

PS, This site has major problems as every comment entered, goes to a blank page, which you then must click "BACK" to get back here and see your entry!
                          That's not the only problem. Looks like all of your posts are SPAM/advertising.

Comment

...contacting Alibaba, since no US companies interested!
                            Go ahead and hand over your IP and business potential to someone overseas. They will be glad to take your ideas and build their own manufacturing and distribution streams while they pretend to be working exclusively with you. Good luck stopping them once you share what cannot be un-shared.

Dave W. Gilbert AZ
                            6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

Dave, Not sending any priority info, just buying existing product only! But Thanks! TBNK

Comment

Working...
                              X