Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gazz1988
    • Jan 2019

Power

Okay need some help i have a solar panel and a wind turbine instaled with a inverter and 2 les batts, also the control pannel were all the wires go in the pannel the turbine etc bare with me as i dont no much about this sort of thing, the batts are charging but they have been used for a good few year, the lights im powering im changing the bulbs to LED which will total to 160 watt they have energy savers in at the min im not sure the wattage of them after invert power loss etc the pannel and the turbine will be creating 300w per hour with sunlight wind etc have i just not got enough power getting created or would you say the batts are done as i can leave them all day and they only last around 45 mins when turned on?
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

How Large is your inverter ? 300W ? 1200W ? 3000W ? The larger the inverter, the faster it will drain the batteries
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• jflorey2
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Gazz1988
      Okay need some help i have a solar panel and a wind turbine instaled with a inverter and 2 les batts, also the control pannel were all the wires go in the pannel the turbine etc bare with me as i dont no much about this sort of thing, the batts are charging but they have been used for a good few year, the lights im powering im changing the bulbs to LED which will total to 160 watt they have energy savers in at the min im not sure the wattage of them after invert power loss etc the pannel and the turbine will be creating 300w per hour with sunlight wind etc have i just not got enough power getting created or would you say the batts are done as i can leave them all day and they only last around 45 mins when turned on?
      Depends on the voltage and amp-hour rating of your batteries, their age, how they have been treated, how much generation you have (solar + wind) and what your loads are.

If you are saying things like "solar panel" my first guess is that you don't have enough generation and as a result have killed your batteries.

For more help:
      1) Tell us how much power you use per day (in watt hours)
      2) Tell us how much generation you have and where you are
      3) Tell us what size your battery bank is

Comment

Working...