Wife shut off breaker to the solaredge 5000h box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife shut off breaker to the solaredge 5000h box

How's it going ? I have 20 twiw peak 285s with a solaredge 5000 hd box been runny good in cincCincin Ohio ,. The wife kicked a breaker so she thought she would flip them all off and on and turned off the solar and right back on without following the startup procedure now box is dead .R those box's that easy to distroy ?

first show your wife the difference between ON,Off, and tripped breaker positions.

It is not good for ANY electronics to flip off and back on.

Then shut down the Inverter properly and bring it back online. should be fine.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

That's the problem I have no juice to the inverter box ,the 60 amp breaker the system is tyed into supplies my garage lights and receptcles and they work

Comment

Originally posted by Ramair428cjxr7 View Post
        That's the problem I have no juice to the inverter box ,the 60 amp breaker the system is tyed into supplies my garage lights and receptcles and they work
        if you have nothing feeding the inverter then you have a breaker still tripped or wiring problem.
        have you checked the outside disconnect?
        the on off switch on the inverter (not the DC disconnect).
        it sounds like you have a sub panel that you are interconnected to as well...

Comment

The outside disconnect is fuseless ,The panel in garage was existing and there is no new breakers or wires ,the wiring going outside is underground and in conduit. Could it be as simple as the cheap toggle on off switch ?

Comment

By the way Thanks for your input I'm new to solar and newer to electric lol

Comment

I called solaredge and they said there should be a fuse that may or may not be soderied in that mite be bad when I opened box all I seem was acting car fuse it was fine

Comment

That's the problem I have no juice to the inverter box
                If you have no juice to the inverter box, the problem is somewhere outside the inverter box.

Comment

Gawd I wish I would have taken electric in school , so that means I have a problem in between my 100 amp service panel and my solaredge 5000 hd box 5ft of distance

Comment

I'm beginning to think it's the plastic disconnect switch that all the rooftop wires run into it's the kind that has the rotary dial type switch .build into whole cover assembly it seamed to be in a bind when I took it off I wonder if it's stripped out and even turning on

Comment

When I called solaredge. They said there installers flip breakers on and off pretty regularly during installs

Comment

I'm beginning to think it's the plastic disconnect switch that all the rooftop wires run into it's the kind that has the rotary dial type switch .build into whole cover assembly it seamed to be in a bind when I took it off I wonder if it's stripped out and even turning on
                        That is the DC disconnect switch.

Do you actually have AC at the inverter? Do you have a test probe:
                        https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerci...900H/202520892

Comment

There is 2 disconnects the one connected to the inverter box and one outside I have a multi tester what do I put the red probe in and what do I set dail at I told ya I'm GREEN

Comment

Careful guys. You are encouraging someone who has no knowledge to play with fire and bombs. You can be held responsible and liable. Only advice I will give him is to call a pro.
                            MSEE, PE

Comment

He's write. The company that installed is gonna walk me through that tomorrow, they r 5 hrs away I was just trying to find out what people with more experience think about the inverter box being ruined just because the breaker was flipped and correct start up procedure was not followed .I try to teach my kids not to lie, so I didn't want to call my insaller and act dumb as to why system was down. In hindsight lmao

Comment

Working...
                              X