Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues with Sunpower X21 AC micro inverters sending data to PSV5 over power line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with Sunpower X21 AC micro inverters sending data to PSV5 over power line?

My Sunpower X21 and Sunpower PSV5 monitoring were working perfect until about two months ago. Then all of the sudden my data goes stale from about 9am-6pm, daily. Half of my micro inverters (MI's) are only able to send early in the AM and at the end of the solar day. Very strange. I have a 19 panel system, and oddly only half can send good data all day. The other half do not. I was able to access the PSV5 using the installer port (detailed in other postings here), and the data details my issue. Here is a single panels data taken from 1 PM - and if you compare the curr time with the data time you see it's been unable to communicate for 4 hours.

So I was thinking maybe interference? I recently got smartthings going, with some switches... all are zwave I thought, so don't think it should interfere. I read phase imbalance, motors or other issues could be causing this. Maybe heat? When these things get hot they stop working? But that wouldn't explain why the other half are working...

Anyone have any ideas? Sunpower isn't much help, they just want to slap a production CT meter on my system, which will then function with single collection point. That defeats the point of what I am supposed to have - accurate data collected at each panel in real-time!
    "ISDETAIL": true, "TYPE": "SOLARBRIDGE", "STATE": "error", "STATEDESCR": "Error", "MODEL": "AC_Module_Type_C", "DEVICE_TYPE": "Inverter", "PORT": "", "MOD_SN": "", "NMPLT_SKU": "", "DATATIME": "2018,09,19,16,01,14", "ltea_3phsum_kwh": "917.0417", "p_3phsum_kw": "0.0713", "vln_3phavg_v": "241.513", "i_3phsum_a": "0.5643", "p_mpptsum_kw": "0.075", "v_mppt1_v": "56.2826", "i_mppt1_a": "2.2829", "t_htsnk_degc": "29.25", "freq_hz": "59.988", "stat_ind": "0", "origin": "data_logger", "OPERATION": "noop", "CURTIME": "2018,09,19,20,01,06"
Working...
X