How to become an PV installer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

btw, How do I become a good international salesperson in PV industry?

Comment

• littleharbor
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by solarix
      OP - subscribe to Home Power Magazine. Lots of practical, detailed examples of how to do residential solar of all kinds. Its how I got started. (not counting all the electronics education...)
      On the Home Power note, When you take online courses at Solar Energy International (SEI), You may get access to the ENTIRE Home Power magazine archive. I did and downloaded every issue ever published since Jan. 1988. Now that's a lot of quality reading and worth the price of the courses alone.
      2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

• Sunking
        Solar Fanatic
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by trangctv
        btw, How do I become a good international salesperson in PV industry?
        Become a good liar with a straight face.

MSEE, PE

Comment

• J.P.M.
          Solar Fanatic
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Sunking

Become a good liar with a straight face.
          And so, pick a party (it matters not which one) and become a politician.

Comment

• solar pete
            Administrator
            • May 2014

Hehehe....Op dont listen to Statler and Waldorf, well ok they are right about the politicians, but the solar business is a fine one to be involved in, well it is here in Oz, perhaps get a job with an installer as a trainee panel installer you will learn a lot quickly.

Oh and I know heaps of Electricians who work full time in solar and make big money

Comment

• J.P.M.
              Solar Fanatic
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by solar pete
              Hehehe....Op dont listen to Statler and Waldorf, well ok they are right about the politicians, but the solar business is a fine one to be involved in, well it is here in Oz, perhaps get a job with an installer as a trainee panel installer you will learn a lot quickly.

Oh and I know heaps of Electricians who work full time in solar and make big money
              Hey Pete:

I never wrote solar was a bad racket to get into, only that getting serious training ain't what it one was, and I'll stick to that.

But, I can't equate reading magazine articles and multiple guess/fill in the blanks phony certifications that really mean dick compared to formal classroom training and then, upon completion of that training, really learning by working under the eye and mentoring or Journeyman professionals in their trade for several years before certification.

Who would you rather have working on your property ?

As for future employment prospects, my guess is journeyman electricians and other professional tradespeople will find work more often with less hassle and for better wages than a one trick solar installer who's not much more than one rung up Larry's ladder.

Life is a matter of choices and sometimes that means taking the hard road and delaying gratification. Choice: Fill your future with options by investing in it through high quality professional training that gives options, or be a one trick pony only knows what they're told and not why, and so gets driven by events and is at the mercy of fads.

And another thing: If the hotel analogy is aimed partly at me, as long as I'm going to be labeled a hotel, I demand some choice in the accommodations . Since, like most everyone else who ever traded their time and toil for compensation, I was a wage whore most of my life., I'll identify as a brothel in Nevada. So, you may call me "The Chicken Ranch".

Sermonette and rant mode off.
              Last edited by J.P.M.; 09-12-2018, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Working...